Need Help! G code software issues

Thread: G code software issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G code software issues

I recently purchased a used Sibe Automation CNC (never buy from this company as the support is non-existent if you do not buy directly from them) and I am having some problems, especially since Sibe will not answer any of my questions. I finally got the cnc running last night after several months of delays, but I have software issues. This machine originally came with MecSoft VisualMill, which is expired and I would like to get Vectric Aspire, currently have the demo. The problem I am having is with the g code controller and software. The machine is equipped with Ability Systems, Inc. g code controller and software, which Vectric does not support. Should I purchase new g code software, such as Mach 3, and just delete the old Ability Systems, or is there another route that is feasible to get up and running? I am a cnc newbie, so forgive my ignorance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G code software issues

I guess that it depends on exactly what you have, and how compfortble you are with making changes.
    Ability systems is the name of the company. Their controller is called Indexer LPT. I'm assuming this is what you have? There's an optional g-code module for indexer LPT, which should allow it to read g-code from Aspire.
    If the machine is running from the PC parallel port, with no hardware, than you could switch it over to Mach3 as well.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G code software issues

Thank you for the reply. I did see the Indexer LPT, but was unsure what it was exactly. I had a friend who has a Laguna cnc try and assist me last night, but we never got anything to work as we could not locate Ability Systems, or Indexer LPT in the Aspire menu. The g code module you mentioned for Aspire, is this something else I should purchase from Ability Systems? Sorry for my ignorance.