Need Help! mitutoyo millstar II hard drive/software?

Thread: mitutoyo millstar II hard drive/software?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mitutoyo millstar II hard drive/software?

I purchased an Acer knee mill with a mitutoyo box on it. The screen didn't work, I did have an external monitor plugged into it, but figuring I had some free time, I would replace the screen and inverter. Well now when I turn it on the display is white, but the external monitor still works, and when loading the Windows 98 it comes up with a something .dll error and it wont load past that.

so my questions are:
    how do I connect an external computer to it?
    do I replace the hard drive?
    where can I purchase the mitutoyo software?
    is there a replacement controller box I can purchase?
    it has the AT111, and AT102 glass scales, is there something I can retro fit to use these scales?

I'm only familiar with Prototrak and haven't needed to fix anything besides a faulty screen once in awhile. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks
    Granger

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mitutoyo millstar II hard drive/software?

Did you get it working?
    I just got my Millstar 2 up, but I'm looking for any and all documentation I can get my hands on fro the Mitutoyo Millstar 2.

I'd be happy to clone the drive for you, but not sure if it would work for you or not since your machine is configured with a different key.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I apologize, I totally forgot that I posted this. Yes I did get my mill and box up and running. The people at Mitutoyo USA were very helpful with giving me the software I needed. I just had to tell them the serial # on the back of the control box and they were able to e-mail the programs to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Granger84 View Post
    I apologize, I totally forgot that I posted this. Yes I did get my mill and box up and running. The people at Mitutoyo USA were very helpful with giving me the software I needed. I just had to tell them the serial # on the back of the control box and they were able to e-mail the programs to me.
    Cool!
    Glad they got it working for you!
    My hard drive is starting to be twitchy.

I have a Sharp HCV knee mill with a 2 axis Mitutoyo Millstar II controller and the monitor is dead.
    My controller is a PC inside (Pentium S or something) running Windows 95 with a Galil 2 axis ISA motion controller.
    The previous owner put in a graphics card and hooked up an external monitor and this works, but it is not ideal and I've hung the external LCD monitor on top/front of the existing monitor on the control, which is pretty cheeseball...
    I'd like to replace the monitor in the box, if I could, preferably with a small LCD.
    I called Mitutoyo and they don't have parts and don't support the Millstar controller any longer.