Chevalier mill with heidenhain controller won't do datum cycle

Thread: Chevalier mill with heidenhain controller won't do datum cycle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Chevalier mill with heidenhain controller won't do datum cycle

Hi everyone.

I made a mistake today at work today and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. The machine tool is a Chevalier VMC 2040 with a Heidenhain TNC 410 controller. The machine has a Renishaw touch probe with a connecting cable that you put in and out as required.

I was setting a job using the touch probe. I did a silly mistake and pressed the cycle start button (without realising ) while holding z minus as I approached the workpiece. When I let go of z minus at an appropriate time, the touch probe kept going down, thumbed into the workpiece broke the stylus and jolted the machine to a halt. The error message came up on screen and the machine needed rebooting.

I turned the machine off and then back on again. I never turn the mill off with the touch probe in but I had no choice. When I got to the screen where the machine wants to do it's datum (travel to the limit switches) and pressed cycle start, it carried on feeding down in the z axis instead of lifting up! I ended up having to turn the machine off and wind the ballscrew manually to lift the z axis to a safe distance. My problem is that I need to do the datum to be able to use the machine! The touch probe being there confuses the controller or something. I have taken out the touch probe but the controller still has the flashing "probe" word on the screen with station 25 active.

Do I disable the touch probe from the parameters? Is there another way?

Thanks for any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kavanthony View Post
    Hi everyone.

I made a mistake today at work today and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. The machine tool is a Chevalier VMC 2040 with a Heidenhain TNC 410 controller. The machine has a Renishaw touch probe with a connecting cable that you put in and out as required.

I was setting a job using the touch probe. I did a silly mistake and pressed the cycle start button (without realising ) while holding z minus as I approached the workpiece. When I let go of z minus at an appropriate time, the touch probe kept going down, thumbed into the workpiece broke the stylus and jolted the machine to a halt. The error message came up on screen and the machine needed rebooting.

I turned the machine off and then back on again. I never turn the mill off with the touch probe in but I had no choice. When I got to the screen where the machine wants to do it's datum (travel to the limit switches) and pressed cycle start, it carried on feeding down in the z axis instead of lifting up! I ended up having to turn the machine off and wind the ballscrew manually to lift the z axis to a safe distance. My problem is that I need to do the datum to be able to use the machine! The touch probe being there confuses the controller or something. I have taken out the touch probe but the controller still has the flashing "probe" word on the screen with station 25 active.

Do I disable the touch probe from the parameters? Is there another way?

Thanks for any help.
    Dear Kavanthony

Hi ! i read your problems , its easy to remove the all setting from touch prob , but first please send me the all machine parametre to my email as farzin_sharifi2000@yahoo.com i letyou know howto fix it

iam heidenhain expert , its gonna be allright dontworry

F.Sharifi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post All fixed now, damn I feel silly!

To Mr Sharifi.
    Thank you for your kind offer of help! The machine went strange on the Saturday that has just been, and I needed to get it going by Monday morning. (I work at a small shop with only one CNC mill but we are looking at getting another.)
    On Monday morning I was explaining to a co-worker how the problems happened and I was standing at a sideways angle to the controller. That was when I noticed that the z-ive button was jammed in. Why I didn't notice that before I don't know but I felt rather silly! Of course after popping the button out the mill started up just fine. That was the reason why the probe kept going down, not that I had bumped the cycle start button to make it feed.

I noticed that you come from Iran. Do you use the controller in Heidenhain conversational format or the ISO format? The only conversational language options I have seen for the controller are English or German. Which do you guys in Iran use? I don't see many Heidenhain users here at this forum. My guess is that lots of users here are from the USA and Heidenhain language is not so popular over there. Maybe because it is logical and user friendly like the metric system! The still can make some good machinery though.

Anyway, thank you for the help offer and have a nice day.