Need Help! CRT LCD REPLACEMENT ISSUE

Thread: CRT LCD REPLACEMENT ISSUE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CRT LCD REPLACEMENT ISSUE

*Apologize if this is not the best thread for this question. Newby here*

I have a Hitachi Seiki HT20S with a CRT monitor that went dead and Ive replaced it with a new LCD monitor. I wired to the manufacturer's spec and its works... up until I press standby. With the machine initially turned on I get my NOT READY screen and have the ability to go and view my command, program, parameters, offsets etc.. pages just fine but as soon as I go into standby the screen goes black. I've been trying to contact the manufacturer but they are in china and the time difference has me waiting til the next day. I need to get this machine running. Does anyone have a idea what might cause this or how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CRT LCD REPLACEMENT ISSUE

Whats the control? That will make a difference. Some need converters, but seeing as you had a CRT it all you really need is the R,G,B HSync and VSync to make it work. How do you have it wired for power?

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Whats the control? That will make a difference. Some need converters, but seeing as you had a CRT it all you really need is the R,G,B HSync and VSync to make it work. How do you have it wired for power?

John
    Controller is Seicos LB Mark 2. Weve soldered straight to the board. Currently using the 110AC/12v power supply they sent, and am just powering the monitor from a external source until I get this working.

Last edited by Bearantlers; 04-26-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK - i80 should be coming off the FC960 behind the control - 1 Vsync, 2 HSync, 3R, 4G, 5B - thats all you need

If you are using an external P/S then its not that - possibly leaking voltage and going in to reset once you hit standby - check to see if you have those pins correct (likely do since you can see something already) and make sure they arent crossed or touching anything else