Hardinge CHNC lathe w/ Allen-Bradley 3246 processor

Thread: Hardinge CHNC lathe w/ Allen-Bradley 3246 processor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hardinge CHNC lathe w/ Allen-Bradley 3246 processor

I am trying to get a CHNC going that operates with an Allen-Bradley 3246 industrial processor. I'm looking for someone who knows about the machine's startup and diagnostic tricks and anyone that knows where I can get parts, manuals, etc.

Thanks in advance!
    -Ryan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

There's an entire machine being sold for parts on Ebay right now. Might be a good buy for you. If you buy it, I need one part.

I have a set of manuals on CD from machinemanuals.net You can buy a new set from them or contact me off list about mine.

Karl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure I see the machine on Ebay that you are talking about...could you provide the auction number? I don't see any machines on there that are the same as mine.

Also, what part are you looking for? It happens that I bought a parts machine with the "running" one. I may have a spare of the part you need already.

About the manuals, machinemanuals.net website doesn't tell what year machine or the controls they cover. The CHNC has quite a few model years with multiple control systems used on each...can't tell if their manual will work or not. Can you tell me what years (or serial numbers) your manuals cover?

Thanks!
    Ryan

Downloads
    Uploads

The machine on Ebay is quite a bit newer than yours, maybe not what you want.

I looked through my manuals, the cover pages aren't copied. I didn't see model numbers etc. It does show the older round plexiglass top, AB control, resolvers on the axis.

My machine came without a collet closer. When i bought the closer it came without the parts to attach it. See pic.

Karl

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hardinge CHNC lathe w/ Allen-Bradley 3246 processor-closer-parts-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hardinge CHNC lathe w/ Allen-Bradley 3246 processor

still looking for parts have whole machine to part out
    thanks
    ed