Emcotronic M1 all you need to know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emcotronic M1 all you need to know

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Emcotronic M1 all you need to know

Hi all you Emcotronic M1 users or owners of the EMCO F1P-CNC. I have one of these machines in my workshop and have collected a lot information about this machine with help from others. I have pasted all this information out on a website.

So if you are searching for info about this machine check

http://www.smoregrava.net/emcof1p.htm

All the manuals are her as pdf. and more.

If you use this machine sign up on this thread and we can help each other out.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emcotronic M1 owner here too. smoregrava has been a lot of help to me on the F1P I have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cable DB9 to Emco F1P

Hi after my computer crashed I needed to make a new cabel to the machine to fit a DB9 COM port. So I made a litte drawing for the cable Have tested it an I works all rigth. Unfortunally no progress to the drip feed or expanded memory. So I have to divide my programs if they are to big

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Emcotronic M1 all you need to know-f1p-cable-pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

You could also see some pictures of parts I have machined on my emco F1P Machine on the site www.smoregrava.net/cnc.htm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Smoregrava! I need some help with my F1P! I cant get the hyper Terminal to work! The first problem i have is that my computer does not have a com port so I have to use a usb to serial i don't know if this work? The next problem is the setup for hyper terminal?
    I have a NC code and i convert it to text and copy the text in to hyper but it does not work can you tell me how to do it. Normally i get alarm 60 or 62 in the maskin so some connection it has. I have made the cable like you describe in your page. If you can tell me from beginning how you do it i will be happy thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I have had problems with USB to Serial converters. It's no problem reciving data to the computer but durin sending the voltage is a little low for F1P If any one have good experience with this it would be nice to know the make of that converter.

Alarm 62 Means that your code is not rigth. So you migth have typed something worng. Post a code example you are using an I could have a look and see if I could se anything. But If I remember rigth all the code to the Alarm62 appears would appear in your program so it would be possible to se where the error is

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heya. I work at a surplus reseller and we just acquired one of these beauties.

So far everything seems good, i was able to power on the machine and, using the information on smoregrava's page got the default settings entered.

Now i am trying to figure out the Hyperterminal settings so i can load one of the sample programs and see if the machine will execute it properly.

Any advice would be useful, entirely new to CNC equipment here.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, quick update, it appears that this machine did -not- include the tapered collet needed to install a cutter and run the machine, and that the controller doesn't want to do anything without said collet.

Any leads on where we can acquire one inexpensively for testing?

Downloads
    Uploads

How to set up hyperterminal. Hyperteminal have to use the same baudrate as the controller. I have seen differnet sett up. I belive the fastest I have tried is 2400. Sometimes I had some issues with the transfer so I ended up using 500. You have to check what number the parameter for baudrate is but I belive it is D0 and if I dont remember wrong the D1 is stopbit. I belive I used 1 stop bit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, i'll give that a try.

I am finding more and more information the more i dig. Found a shop that sells tool-holders, but they have no data on the machine, and it seems that tapered collets come in a number of size options. So i suppose the question i need to ask is what size is the taper on the F1P milling machine?

I do apologize if i am asking in the wrong place, i found this thread and as the OP claims it is dedicated to the M1 and F1P, this seems the logical place to ask.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMC-100/EMCOtronic M1

J’ai acheté une machine CNC EMCO VMC-100, avec commande EMCOtronic M1, le problème est au niveau de la partie mécanique, lorsque je démarre la machine tous marche bien sur l’écran, mais la partie mécanique ne marche pas, c’est à dire lorsque je mets manuel et je déplace les axes, les chiffres dans l’écran montre que les axes se déplacent mais réellement les axes sont bloqué, et les moteurs sont freiné on dirais qu’elle travaille en mode simulateur, en plus je crois qu’il y a une problème au niveau de programme constructeur,

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I did not understand anything of this migth be an idea to try English? I used Google translate and I belive you write i French

Anyway the auto translate told me your mechanics don't work but the controller seems all rigth.

This seems strange to me you have to be in some kind of test mode. Is there a M1 F1P you have. Because this machine check the position on the steppers so if your steppers don't move you get an error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy EMCO VMC-100

think you smoregrava for your help

I apologize for my language in English
    I also thought as you said to me, this is the test mode,
    But I cannot exit this mode, I am going to explain you the problem,
    When I switch on the machine all the engines is blocked and nothing move in the mechanical party, and in party of command he is good,
    and when I put the manual mode and I move axes, I see in screen the axe move but really he is blocked,

please help me

Quote Originally Posted by smoregrava View Post
    Hi I did not understand anything of this migth be an idea to try English? I used Google translate and I belive you write i French

Anyway the auto translate told me your mechanics don't work but the controller seems all rigth.

This seems strange to me you have to be in some kind of test mode. Is there a M1 F1P you have. Because this machine check the position on the steppers so if your steppers don't move you get an error

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you done Reference search?
    Every time you start up you Emcotronic you have to do a Reference search in xyz. Is this working?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default test mode

Hello;
    When I put ref and I click START axes xyz do not move but the alarm of ref position fades

Have you done Reference search?
    Every time you start up you Emcotronic you have to do a Reference search in xyz. Is this working?

Downloads
    Uploads

What alarm do you get? Do you have a alarm number? Fades away do you mean your ctr screen goes black ?
    If the machine can't do reference search you would not manage to run any program. So have to figure out this issue first.

try to jog all your axes so they is in the middle of the working area. ( A long way to the end switches)

Check your end switched migth be that on of them is not giving signal.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default EMCO VMC-100

Non la machine ne fait pas la référence, et j’ai une seule alarme qui apparaît au démarrage, (alarme 130 « programme MSD ») mais lorsque je fait reset il disparut et il ne reste aucun alarme,

What alarm do you get? Do you have a alarm number? Fades away do you mean your ctr screen goes black ?
    If the machine can't do reference search you would not manage to run any program. So have to figure out this issue first.

try to jog all your axes so they is in the middle of the working area. ( A long way to the end switches)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VMC-100

No the machine does not make the reference, and I have a single alarm which appears to the starting up, (alarm 130 " MSD program ") but when I makes reset he(it) disappeared and he(it) stays anybody alarms,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help!

Hello! Im new to the forum and for that matter new to cnc machining. It has been an interest of mine and finally im able to buy some equipment. Im looking at purchasing an EMCO-CNC milling machine with an M1 controller but at this time they are unable to cause the machine to travel along any axis, nor able to cause the cutter motor to spin. The controller returns "Alarm 90: Chuck/Collet Not Ready" because there is no collet-chuck for the machine. my question is will this be a solution to the problem? By just installing the chuck that is? Im thankful for any/all help, I really want to buy a cnc mill asap and this one seems to be a good deal. thanks, mike

Downloads
    Uploads

I would be very consern if the people that is trying to sell you this not is able to have the machine to run. And the tool taper for an Emco is a little hard to get also so you should absoluty have the tools that folows the machine.

but of couarse if the price is like very very low then I'll say go for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast