Newbie NC Studio or Mach3

Thread: NC Studio or Mach3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NC Studio or Mach3

Hello,

my CNC machine from China has arrived and apprently is compatible with either NC Studio or Mach3.

which would you guys recommend and also do you have the offical download links for these?

thanks
    zac

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Mach3 it is easy to set up if you read the instructions plus you get different screens to choose from what have some really good features.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach 3 vs NC studio

Has anybody actually tried both of these operating systems? I am buying a machine from China and they are recommending NC studio but I want to use Mach 3 because I know this system. Any thoughts on NC studio?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by warranator View Post
    Has anybody actually tried both of these operating systems? I am buying a machine from China and they are recommending NC studio but I want to use Mach 3 because I know this system. Any thoughts on NC studio?

Hi, I have been using NC Studio for a few months now. Its pretty easy to use and it certainly does everything it needs to do.

However there is zero support available for it. Are you buying fromo JCUT?

I bought from China. I was my first ever CNC. It arrived with zero paperwork. JCUT just said if i have any questions just ask - but you have to know what questions to ask before you can ask them, right?

NCStudio didn't come with any help files and a lot of the instructions near the buttons are not written in good, clear English.

You'll need to decide which software you want to use now because swapping from one to the other after the machine is delivered is not easy. I looked into swapping but i discovered that i needed to change the controller card as well so i left well alone.

hope this helps.

let me know how you get one
    zac

Downloads
    Uploads

if you wont to run with NCstudio do it, but if you wont to run with Mach3 you will need a breakout board. I got a machine from china it had NCStudio on it and had to get breakout board.To me Mach3 is an easy program to run as you don't need all of the bits that come with it, but they are there if you need them and it has a lot of support on this site and Mach3 forum also there is a lot of free stuff you can get for it. like if you wont to use a touch probe or a probe to find the edges of what you are cutting you just get the correct screen and plug it in.
    one other thing before running the machine disconnect the power supply to steeper drivers and make sure it the correct voltage, I found out the hard way 5 dead drivers, and it had a dead power supply.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply guys. I have already been negotiating with the router builder for them to set the machine up for mach3. They charge an extra $200 for
    this option and don't give you a copy of mach3 software which is fine as I already own it. They went on to tell me that they are not that cluey on setting up mach3 so I would have to do it myself, once again not really an issue as I already own a machine and have been through all this before.

This is the place I have been chatting to: Am buying the JC9012, price is AU$3600 fully optioned incl shipping to my nearest port.
    ¼ÃÄÏÊÐÀú³ÇÇø½ð´´µç×Ó²úÆ·× °Åä

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the place I have been chatting to: Am buying the JC9012, price is AU$3600 fully optioned incl shipping to my nearest port.
    ¼ÃÄÏÊÐÀú³ÇÇø½ð´´µç×Ó²úÆ·× °Åä
    sounds like you are dealing with the same people i dealt with but the web site is different.

have a look here:

Jcut Products

Downloads
    Uploads

same here they don't do QC or don't know what it is. be preperaed to have to redo at lest 30 bolt holes, in short once you get it give it a good going over

Downloads
    Uploads

I've used both

The Mach seems to be the better system. I have 2 machines and I've gone as far as converting my JCUT(ncstudio) machine to Mach-3.

The conversion was not difficult. All the high DC current wiring is adequate to the microsteppers. I was able to replace all the low voltage wiring in about 1.5 hrs and everything works fine/better with Mach.

was almost 2 easy despite JCUT's sales rep saying it was difficult. Please dont hesitate to contact me if you think I can help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Izitbrokeyet? View Post
    I've used both

The Mach seems to be the better system. I have 2 machines and I've gone as far as converting my JCUT(ncstudio) machine to Mach-3.

The conversion was not difficult. All the high DC current wiring is adequate to the microsteppers. I was able to replace all the low voltage wiring in about 1.5 hrs and everything works fine/better with Mach.

was almost 2 easy despite JCUT's sales rep saying it was difficult. Please dont hesitate to contact me if you think I can help.
    hi, this sounds interesting. can i have your contact details i'd like to talk to you off line if thats ok?

please email me at zac wingfield AT gmail DOT com

thanks
    zac