Your thoughts about the new "Gearotic Motion" software - Page 2

View Poll Results: Have you tried "Gearotic Motion" yet?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 31.63%
  • Not yet

28 28.57%
  • I wasnt aware of it.

39 39.80%
  • No I have no interest in this sort of software.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts about the new "Gearotic Motion" software

Downloads
    Uploads

Art,
    Might it be preferable, if need be, for me to continue on the Gearotic forum instead of here?

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ken:

I see the trouble. Dont feel stupid as to the solution, the stupidity is mine. Normally, you cannot select OUTPUT unless you have a gear created, and selected on the projects screen.l I missed the possability that someone migth call it up before any gears are created. Ill kill that in the next version.

TO fix your trouble, hit the "Add Master" button, this actually creates the gear your showing on the screen and adds it to the project. You should be on the project screen when you do an output request. The sequence is..

Go to spur gears, design a gear ( or use the one on the csreen as it is..), select Add Master ( or add slave if you want to use the left hand gear), and that gear will be created and simulatable on the project screen. Select the gear by clicking on it in the project tree, THEN hit output. Youll see the gear is now listed as one of the gears to be output, you can then do any output you select.

The error was that if no gear is yet made, and none selected, the output manager shouldnt open.. I do check it before opening, but the variable that triggers that allowance is not yet set when no gears are yet created. SO when you pressed "output" , it crashes as it tries to do output on a nonexistant gear.

As I say, this will be fixed next release, but you should be OK as long as you use the project screen for your output till then.

Thx
    Art

www.gearotic.com
    Art Fenerty

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Good day Art,
    Can this program make herringbone gear? That one used in the pump (triplex or duplex pump).

Last edited by asuratman; 11-20-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Please delete this message due to double post

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi:

Sorry for the dealy in answering this one.. I missed the post notification..

Herringbones cannot yet be done, though one could bond a lh and rh together to make one. Knuckle gears are an intermediate solution to herringbone with some of the same qualities.

Merry XMas everyone, here's to a great new year.

Art

www.gearotic.com
    Art Fenerty

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Art, I downloaded the demo version today. Norton is calling it a security risk and displaying the following message: gearoticmotion.exe A program was behaving suspiciously on your computer. This program was blocked and removed. Any thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sthibeault,
    My solution would b to dump Norton, used it for years and finally just uninstalled it, too many issues using it. The fact that I had always used Norton was not a good reason to keep using it.

Art had suggested on the forum to call Norton and see if they have a solution, could try that first.

Downloads
    Uploads

Art's programs are not a problem (unless it is a fake one by someone else)
    Norton is the awful problem (IMHO) - and you have to pay for it to be a pest!!
    Just use Microsoft Security Essentials, Noscript and addblock plus.
    Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials
    NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction
    Adblock Plus — for annoyance-free web surfing

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default virus report

Hi:

Im beginning to think Norton is the real virus.

This is the third report of norton reporting it as a virus, but no other virus scanner appears to. The other users disabled the warning and everything seems fine. Ive scanned it myself, ( and my system is virus scanned daily)
    and I cant find any trouble with the demo.

You may want to report the program to Norton as a false positive in scanning.

Art

www.gearotic.com
    Art Fenerty

Downloads
    Uploads

Nicely put, Art. Keep up your excellent work. I love my Mach3.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

This has happened to me with Norton as well, I got it installed by disabling sonar and insight protection but came back to play with Gearotic tonight and the exe had been removed!
    Norton has the same problem with Alibre Design as well, you have to disable the sonar and insight protection to get it to install but it runs fine.
    Not had any other problems with Norton so far though so maybe it's just the Gearotic name ;-)

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

At the risk of over blowing this Norton topic.... I went into the Norton settings and disabled this sonic feature on this one program. It loaded fine without deleting anything and runs fine. I wouldn't disable the feature for everything. In researching what was happening, Norton isn't saying that the program is a virus, it says its seeing 'suspicious behavior'. In the end folks will continue to use Norton, and no changes are going to be made to Gearotic Motion, so it might be helpful to post something in Gearotic explaining that this might come up and what to do when this happens.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Norton antivirus warning

Hi Dean:
    Thx for the suggestion, Ive added this as a topic in Gearotics forum in the event someone searches for a problem with Norton. It seems to be the "earotic" in the programs name. ( I guess erotic Ears are soemthing
    Norton hates. )

Art

www.gearotic.com
    Art Fenerty

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Super

I bought my license and have been cutting gears and timing pulleys like crazy.
    It has already paid for itself multiple times.

Thanks for a great easy to use program.

I have been using the HTD8 pulleys mostly, I like how it tells you the max size of mill you can use.

I did a 4 axis milling of a couple of little gears, very impressive!

Keep up the good work, Art.

Arnie

Downloads
    Uploads

Thx Arnie:

Always nice to hear users are happy. Gearotic is something I started in "retirement" , and though I cant claim I work much less than I did in Mach3
    days, I can say its nice to always get great feedback..Im still amazed how few complaints I get, I dont think Ive have a bad customer problem in 2 years of this.. enough to spoil a person. lol

Not that Mach3 users ever got that rude, but the large numbers of people using a very complex system always leads to support that will make you rip your hair out, GM users on the other hand are laid back, easygoing and very easy to work with,
    glad to see your in that group.

Art

www.gearotic.com
    Art Fenerty

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Your thoughts about the new "Gearotic Motion" software

I am JUST getting into this, as I have some art projects in mind that require the fabrication of GEARS! I was told about GEAROTIC MOTION and another program called GEARIFY, and I believe there is yet another one I cannot recall the name of at this point.

I am now watching a video about GEAROTIC THOUGHTS ??? Is that a program that is now available, or is it still in BETA?

I already purchased one license of Gearify, only because I was able to find more infor about it in my initial search, but I will most likely purchase the Gearotic (Motion or Thoughts) as well, because it seems to be a bit more along the lines of what I seek.

These will be "yard art" projects, so the gears I will make, will probably be 2 or 3 FEET in general diameter, and made out of some light material like HDU foam or PVC board.

I would appreciate any help in learning the Gearotic software offerings. I am not an engineer, so many of the available settings are Greek to me. However, playing with these settings would eventually reveal their effect on the gear designs, I suppose.

This program makes me even MORE anxious to purchase that KERN laser table! Dang it! I have to figure out how to justify a hobby shop "toy" that costs $174,000.00

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Your thoughts about the new "Gearotic Motion" software

Hi Joe:

>>I am now watching a video about GEAROTIC THOUGHTS ??? Is that a program that is now available, or is it still in BETA?

Gearotic Thoughts is the successor to Gearotic. Youll find Gearotic1.0.exe in the main folder of Gearotic for those that need the older version.
    Join the Gearotic Forum, just ask the moderator of the GearHeads forum for an invite, no purchase is necessary to join in and ask whatever you
    might find obfuscated..

Art

Art

www.gearotic.com
    Art Fenerty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12