motor & controller wiring

Thread: motor & controller wiring

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile motor & controller wiring

i have a lesson tread mill motor with 5 wires red &black for power, green for ground, & 2 blue for controll. i want to wire it too a proform 495 p1 controller, i can tell some or most of the connections but not all. i have motor black & motor red. i have earth ground. i have ac hot & ac ground. so now the ?there are 2 connections fora choke lg3 & lg4, what are these?are they for a potentiometer? if so what do i need to ask for to get the right one? if it is not for a pot what is it for?the board also has some plugins. there are 2 with 3 pins, 1 with 5 pins, & 1 with 8 pins i thought these might be forthe display,such as speed, calories used, distance gone , etc.any info or help would be greatly appreciated. greg ps where would the 2 blue wires hook up?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default wiring...

Sounds like you don't have the wiring harness from the treadmill. I've got a couple of treadmill motors with the speed control. Since I was the one that removed them from the treadmill I carfully put all the wires back where they were originally and can run it that way. I know there are 2 wires that come from the display board that go to a small sensor on the drive roller to pick off rotation so it can calculate speed/distance. The motor control board is seperate from the display board and the speed pot connects to it. I recall there being a choke in line with the motor, probably to keep spikes from killing the SCR in the drive board. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll sketch out what I have and post it here, may help..

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Motor wiring

Ok, here is what I have. The motor has Red, Black, Green, and 2 blue. The controller has AC1, AC2, H, W, L, M+, and M-.

M+ goes to motor RED
    M- goes to choke, other end of choke goes to motor BLACK
    H goes to pot high end (5 K pot)
    W goes to pot wiper
    L goes to pot low end
    AC2 goes to power Neutral
    AC1 goes to one blue lead of motor, other blue lead of motor goes to power switch then to power Hot

Hope this helps. The one I have when running has a built in acceleration/deceleration ramp. Turning pot from off to max very quickly results in about a 5 second acceleration to full speed, same decceleration rate.

If you need I can check out the pot leads to see what would be required to connect to a different control. Let me know.

Steve