Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches

Thread: Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches

Have been searching the vaults on the forum but drawn a bit of a blank. I recently purchased a China 3020 CNC router and want to fit limit switches to it, the board is a JP-382C . My hunch is is the white socket arrowed in the picture is where I need to connect the positive feed wires to the axis switches. So is there anyone here who can advise me further please?

Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches-example-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches

Mr. Sprue,

You are correct, that is the limit switch connection point X Y Z and G=ground.

Pins 11, 12, and 13 are the outputs of X,Y and Z.

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jeff... Many thanks m8 for you reply, you are an absolute star.

One more question please: the fourth axis I take it there is no limit switch for that is there?

Cheers
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,

You could also wire all normally closed switches for all axis in series and use one limit switch connection. Assign all limit switches to the same pin in Mach3.

Presto done!

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sprue View Post
    Hi Jeff... Many thanks m8 for you reply, you are an absolute star.

One more question please: the fourth axis I take it there is no limit switch for that is there?

Cheers
    Dave
    Furthermore can I ask one more question please? How did you know the pin numbers?!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again for your advice Jeff your a saint!

Downloads
    Uploads

No worries,

Furthermore can I ask one more question please? How did you know the pin numbers?!!!!
    Previously I helped someone who had the identical PCB board and we used a ohm meter to determine which pins are routed to the X Y Z respectively.

Have a most awesome weekend!

Jeff...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again Jeff

Managed to source all the components yesterday that I should need to fit the switches. But before I crack on I would like to ask for your valued advise once again please. Firstly would the (X Y Z G) socket on that PCB have the home position switches wired as (NO) or (NC)?

Secondly I think in addition to the home switches it would be sensible to fit additional axis limit switches, from what I have seen on the web, limit switches can be wired in series from the emergency stop button.

Although this image I've found below does not represent my PCB it does provide the schematic layout of which I am asking advice for. What do you think?

Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches-wiring-diagram-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Mr. Sprue,

(NC) normally closed switches are preferred for several reasons.

The diagram you posted is not correct, it shows the limit switches in parallel they should be wired in series.

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am wiring the same basic machine as you ..worked on it today got the plug to the board wired to plugs on the back of the control box and got x limits done and working ... with the board they give you it will have to be wired normally open .. I wired in two micro switches left / right limit to the board and am planning on the same for Y ... the odd thing on my board was X was pin 12 when I set it up ..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Mr. Sprue,

[FONT="](NC) normally closed [/FONT]switches are preferred for several reasons.

The diagram you posted is not correct, it shows the limit switches in parallel they should be wired in series.

Jeff...
    Hi Jeff for some reason I was under the impression that the "Home" limit switches had to be on a separate circuit to the other 3 limit switches which are installed to prevent a crash. If I follow you correctly are you saying that all six switches are wired from the "X Y Z G" socket in series? That would mean not using the emergency stop circuit.

Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by caddycarlo View Post
    I am wiring the same basic machine as you ..worked on it today got the plug to the board wired to plugs on the back of the control box and got x limits done and working ... with the board they give you it will have to be wired normally open .. I wired in two micro switches left / right limit to the board and am planning on the same for Y ... the odd thing on my board was X was pin 12 when I set it up ..
    Hi Caddycarlo Do you a wiring diagram of what you have done please?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I did the photo correctly this is what I did on x it would be the same for the others ... the limit switches do home ..there are not others...and you controller should have e stop

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches-imag1722_1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

So wiring the two switches in a parallel circuit works then, and that the controller does not need two separate circuits to determine which side of the axis the spindle has travelled to ?

I take it the "G" (ground) is a common to use for all switches.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So wiring the two switches in a parallel circuit works then, and that the controller does not need two separate circuits to determine which side of the axis the spindle has travelled to ?

I take it the "G" (ground) is a common to use for all switches.
    Yes ground is common for all switches... it is not the best way to wire but it is how the controller is set up ... to go NC wiring would take some other circuit .. I tried and the input would not hold ... the software knows what direction it is going so when it hits a limit switch it stops and will only go the other way then it was ...there is a setting in mach3 you need to turn on for that function or it just stops... same with home ... home is just where you put limits and the setting in the program

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Go to settings and make sure auto is turned on... the other photos are of how I mounted the micro switches for X

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches-imag1728-jpg   Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches-imag1727-jpg   Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches-imag1729-jpg   Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches-imag1730-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: Chinese USB 3020 Limit Switches

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    No worries,

Previously I helped someone who had the identical PCB board and we used a ohm meter to determine which pins are routed to the X Y Z respectively.

Have a most awesome weekend!

Jeff...
    I have been googling for this for a few days now. I have the same board as the OP JP-382c on a 3040 chinese CNC. It has both USB and parallel ports. I appreciate the pinouts for the limit switches as I'm wanting to add some soon. I have yet to get this board working with Mach3 though. Using a Pentium 4 laptop (being a laptop maybe the problem. Maybe not enough voltage?) which has a parallel port and running Windows XP 32-bit. I get nothing from my mill when using Mach3. I just ordered a mini ITX motherboard that has a parallel port to build into a small computer in case the laptop is the issue. Would you provide the proper pinouts to setup Mach3 for this board if you have them? Or any information you can? Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Manny,

Check your P.M. Mail

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordManny View Post
    I have been googling for this for a few days now. I have the same board as the OP JP-382c on a 3040 chinese CNC. It has both USB and parallel ports. I appreciate the pinouts for the limit switches as I'm wanting to add some soon. I have yet to get this board working with Mach3 though. Using a Pentium 4 laptop (being a laptop maybe the problem. Maybe not enough voltage?) which has a parallel port and running Windows XP 32-bit. I get nothing from my mill when using Mach3. I just ordered a mini ITX motherboard that has a parallel port to build into a small computer in case the laptop is the issue. Would you provide the proper pinouts to setup Mach3 for this board if you have them? Or any information you can? Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there the mach 3 settings are on my blog, although the settings look a bit wrong they work for a lot of 3040 6040 etc
    Hope this helps
    Kev

Read my blog for help and advice for beginners on CNC routers
    http://the-cnc.blogspot.co.uk/p/home.html?m=1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You guys are true heroes.