100VDC power supply.

Thread: 100VDC power supply.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 100VDC power supply.

So I'm building a mill, and I bought a 600W spindle&PS from banggood. The PS seems to have arrived DOA. I have some 24VDC supplies, and the motor runs off those, but I get nothing from the 100VDC supply. Banggood did, at best, a half-hearted attempt to debug the issue, never answered a single question, then refunded me half my money. Sigh. So I'd love to get this thing spinning, and that takes a power supply that is strong enough, ideally with a PWM input so that I can control its speed. Here's what I've got to work with:

The power supply is an HQ-SXPWM-A. I've got no manuals or schematics, just that it can allegedly kick out up to 110VDC at 8A. I haven't found anyone selling one or something reasonably comparable, so I can't just buy a replacement. I don't have schematics, so I don't think I have much chance of repairing it, but I did check all the fuses, even tried bypassing them one at time to see if that did anything.There are no obviously blown components.

So that leaves me with 2 options: 1) Plead for help, maybe someone else with better google-fu can find something or 2) make my own.

I'm hoping to entertain both on this thread! For option 2, I have some electronics experience, but I've never built a high-ish voltage power supply, so I'm looking for feedback. Here's a first cut in fritzing of a supply with PWM built around an arduino nano with back EMF for speed control.
    I haven't put much thought into the specific values for much of anything yet, I just chose the right symbol. The exception is that the ratio of R8 to R9 is thought out... but only the ratio. Its so that the power into the LM317 is within an OK range... Except that now that I try to explain it, I realise the power on the "rails" in my drawing are at only about 85VDC, not over 100, so I need a boost supply, not a simpler buck switching supply. Sigh.

Ok, so ideas, links, etc. all welcome.

for reference, here's the banggood spindle I bought: https://www.banggood.com/ER16-Chuck-...p-1127094.html I should point out that of the 4 reviewers, one is actually a maker I knew from somewhere, and although he gave a good review, his supply has stopped working for him since. Sigh.