Can I test BOB outputs using ground and output pins

Thread: Can I test BOB outputs using ground and output pins

Default Can I test BOB outputs using ground and output pins

I have a BOB that may be good, or may be bad. Can I simply test the board using the ground and pins to the drivers using Mach 3 to jog and watching for power on each pin ?
    would I have to swap to high active on the pins to get a reading on all of them all?

Is there an easier way to test the BOB using a led or something ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can I test BOB outputs using ground and output pins

it depends on the BOB you have

if the output pin is connected to a IC like the 74HC14 or 74HC224 that can source a current of 10mA or more
    then a RED LED in series with a 330 ohm resistor will make a simple indicator when connected between ground and output

some Break Out Boards can ony sink current and would need the LED indicator being connected between +5V and the output pin

the direction output is easy as it will light only for one direction - depending on the direction selected and the active LOW or active HIGH setting

the step pulse is not as easy to see if at all at low step rates , but the faster you step the brighter the LED will be as the average on time increases

a logic probe makes it easier
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/needle...robes/5375179/

John