Need Help! TOUCH SCREEN

Thread: TOUCH SCREEN

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TOUCH SCREEN

Hello all, please could you help to me with connection of Touch screen (picture bellow) to Rapsberry or Banana pi or any other similar device? I have bought 10inch screen from China : AM800600JTMQWTA1H, but no any support from seller. Please could you let to me know what I need for connection? What kind of interface connector, or if any special software?

Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOUCH SCREEN-img_1625-jpg   TOUCH SCREEN-img_1625-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TOUCH SCREEN

That unit will have two separate interfaces, LCD screen & S/W driver.
    The T.S. is usually either RS232 or USB.
    The LCD depends on whether it is VGA/SVGA or requires a PC slot driver card.
    Without further details from the vendor or access to the Manuf. details it is virtually impossible to tell.
    Why would you buy something like that without having the details or support?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will venture a guess that the white connector on the back of the board is the interface port. Look very closely at the board at the black IC device on the back that will be the LCD controller, once you know that you can look for driver software to control the unit. That appears to be a slim line ribbon connector so you might need to look at digikey to get a ribbon to breakout board that you can actually connector the Rasberry through. Also looks like another ribbon or cable is inside that pink foam or perhaps it is just a shadow.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

I imagine their is no support because it may have been a direct replacement for a Point of Sale unit or PC display.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

As Al pointed out many of these units are for Point of Sale displays, etc. In many cases the controller on the board just decodes them column and row matrix of all the dots that make up the display. Look at the device (black) on the back of the unit and google the part number. In many cases there is another display board that talks to the limited controller on the back of the display. The data sheet for the controller on the back of the unit will let you know for sure.

Russ