Need Help! Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB

Thread: Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB

Hi Folks
    I am rebuilding my home built CNC machine and have now fitted a 1.5 kW spindle motor with a Huanyang Inverter.

My original BOB was a cheap chinese, 5 Axis version that came with a hand control and a small DRO which was fed from one of the group of three white headers on the board (see attachment) which, I believe, used the pulse information as used by the stepper drivers.

Unfortunately, this board only had a simple relay output for peripherals and I needed a new board with PWM output for the spindle. I now have such a board on order.

Does anyone familiar with my old BOB have any idea of the pin out connections for the 11 pin (4 axis display) header? What I am aiming for is to use the old display modified to the outputs on my new board.

I would also use the hand held 'jogger' too if possible which I believe just sends a simple pulse to the stepper drivers.

Any information would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB-s-l500-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB

a while ago I traced circuit of your breakout board to work out why it did not work out as expected
    it turned out the supply pin on one of the IC's was not connected !!!!
    ( the one for the limit switch inputs - see circuit diagram)

Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB-chinese-breakout-board-jpg

Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB-chinese-bob-jpg

assuming the Huanyang Inverter. has an input for a 0 to 10 volt control voltage

you could connect a PWM to analogue converter to one of your existing breakout board outputs

some thing like this
    https://cnc4pc.com/c41-pwm-variable-...rol-board.html
    or
    PWM to Voltage 0-10V Digital - Analog Signal Tranformer Converter Module PLC | eBay

the CNC4PC C41 board has the advantage of having one input for the PWM converter and a second input to control two relays to control the inverters stop / start inputs

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB

Hello John-100,
    First of all, sincere apologies for not answering sooner. The cause was illness and that the notification went to my spam folder.

I am somewhat confused at the circuit diagrams. Are they for the hand control (jogger) that connects to the 15 way D Sub socket on the BOB? What I was referring to was the out puts on the white DRO connectors on the board, in fact, the middle one with SIL 11 pins. I have the connections for the D Sub socket in the user manual and I should be able to figure out how to connect the jogger control to a different BOB.

I now have my new BOB (pics attached) that provides 0-10V PWM outputs that should connect to the Huang Inverter (connection diagram attached). I was hoping that by knowing the pin out data of those white connectors, I could use the small DRO to drive larger seven segment units.

I don't know if it is relevant, but I use 12mm stainless steel threaded rod as my drive screw which have a 1.75mm pitch which equates to 914.29 pulses per millimetre travel. I understand that you can feed this data into Mach 3 so that it knows the number of pulses per millimetre but am not sure how this information can be fed to a DRO. I wanted a resolution of 0.01mm (0.3937 thou ) and so would probably need to play around with decade counters into CD40110BE Driver chips.

Am I on the right track?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB-new_5axis_breakout_board_top-jpg   Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB-new_5axis_breakout_board_bottom-jpg   Need info on socket connections for DRO on cheap chinese 5 Axis BOB-pwm-jpg