Need some help please cnc computer replacement, now things aren't working right

Thread: Need some help please cnc computer replacement, now things aren't working right

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need some help please cnc computer replacement, now things aren't working right

Hello,
    Had to replace my cnc router computer unexpectedly. I am having problems getting axis's to run. Y axis works perfectly x,z,and a axis steppers just grumble. I am using Mach 3 with a smoothstepper board on USB and a 6560 4 axis controller from china (yea I'm not thrilled about China controller either}. Machine worked fine before the computer went dead. The Mach 3 xml I am using now is an older one for this router but the only one I could find in my backups. I can put any stepper on the Y axis and it works fine, put any stepper on any other axis and it only grumbles. Tried changing motor tuning no difference. Best I can figure out is maybe the pinouts for the motor outputs is wrong on the other three axis, but I cannot find my data for the pinouts and have been unable to find out anything searching ebay auctions of the 6560 controller board. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help Ron

I have found pinouts for this board and it matches what I have wired. Still having same problem. I am lost as to why Y axis works fine and all others grumble like they are being driven too fast or wired wrong. I have unbolted one stepper from the lead screw to make sure it is not binding. When wired to Y axis works fine, wired to any other axis grumbles. Wiring is correct and pinouts are correct. I hope someone out there has a idea. Thanks for any help. Ron