Cooling Fans for Control Electronics

Thread: Cooling Fans for Control Electronics

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cooling Fans for Control Electronics

Hi all, I am making a momus CNC and I was planning on getting this kit to use for the steppers and control electronics.

High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Stepper Motor | Stepper Motor Driver | CNC Router | Laser Machine | 3D Prin

I am looking for information on the degree of cooling the control electronics need. I am assuming that the breakout board will not heat up much (that could be naive) but I am wondering about the three stepper drivers. Do these need to be actively cooled. The same site also sells AC fans rated at 28 cfm. If I ere to use these fans, how many do you reckon I would need to keep everything running happily. Will I need to add external heat sinks to the drivers or breakout board, or will a little bit of airflow over them keep them running reasonably cool.

For reference, I probably wont be doing too many extensively long runs with the machine, but on the other hand I really don't want to cook those expensive electronics, and I am willing to pay a little extra to buy some extra fans.

Thanks in advance for you advice.