Interlock for VFD / Water Pump - Page 10

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

I used the Matty Zee and tried Royaume and both worked well, the difference between the 2 are the Matty Zee plugin is just for the typical Chinese spindle 24000rpm/400hz and the Royaume plugin can be configured for any spindle motor. The RS485 converter AL posted is the same one I been using for years.

Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-rs-485_jpg_3-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    You got me going again Al, and how do you wire all these connections? My PC does have the 9 pin male socket
    If you have the 9p COM port (RS232) for that convertor, then it is wired as shown in Dan11 post, I found it connected easier, plus I was designing a DC drive that took the RS232 and used the Royaume plug in.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Kolias. Sorry. Got a $1/4 million project going on here at work. I haven't gotten to go out to my shop. I will today. I am using the ch340 driver also. BTW. Mine does not display on the Mach screen I have to look at the VFD. I used a rpm gauge and 12000 is 12000 and so on. Give me till 5 eastern time and I'll upload my settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

One last thing. I do not think the USB dongle (ch340) driver has a input. Only on off 0v to 10v. Correct me if I am wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m using Vista Home in an old Dell OptiPlex to run Mach3, do I need a driver to activate the 9 pin COM?

If I need a driver what do I search for? 9 pin COM driver for Vista?

planekrazie thanks, take your time man

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Have not used Vista, but If the PC has a on board COM port the driver is usually loaded at boot up.
    It should have a Manager in the Control Panel where you can see the ports recognized.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just order it from the site Al_The_Man posted. Hope I will have better luck with this one

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Last week I got the 9PIN RS-232 to RS-485 adaptor and installed today with the Prolific Driver v1417. When I clicked ok at the plugin configuration screen I got this message:

Please check values extracted from the VFD
    Warning: Speeds shown do not factor in pulleys ratio
    Min. speed: 7200RPM at 120Hx (PD011)
    Rated speed: 24000RPM at 400Hz (PD004)
    Max. speed: 24000RPM at 400Hz (PD005)
    Is this correct?

Since all above are as per my settings, I clicked Yes and now the VFD RPM display and Mach3 RPM display are equal.

However prior to the above installation, I had set in Mach3 my pulley min/max to 5500/25000 and when I ask for M3S12000 I get 12643RPM, or if I ask for 18000 I get 17666. Not a big difference. Therefore I don’t see the advantage of keeping the 9PIN adaptor and down the line I may remove it.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

IIRC you can fine tune it with the pulley setting in Mach or fine tune PD144.
    The plug in can read and write parameters in the VFD, Freq etc to set the speed.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

The plug in works well Al, all I’m saying without the plug in, my RPM are almost the same between Mach and the VFD so I don’t see the need for it.

Why I wanted to try a plug in? I was just curious to see the difference.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Some of the advantages I can see of the plug in,is the RPM is set precisely with a setting in a parameter rather than the 0-10v analogue external signal, also things like start-stop etc do not need the PLC inputs, it is all sent over the RS485.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Here are the Parameters that you need to set

Huanyang Mactec54

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220 (120 If you have 120v VFD )

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)

(Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

( Set for your motor Amp Rating 800w Spindle 7 amp Max )

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 (100 Minimum Setting )
    I have been away from my cnc for some time and now I started again and noticed some problems with the VFD spindle speed. According to my notes last time I was experimenting with the RS485 adapter and since I didn’t notice a big change with the speed indication on Mach3 I decided not to use it but I think I forgot to change the parameters on the VFD (I don’t want to use the RS485)

I want Mach3 to control the VFD / Spindle and here are the parameters I want to correct.

PD001 Now set to 02 but not sure if I want 00 (Operator) or 01 (External Terminal)
    PD002 Now set to 02 but not sure if I want 00 (Operator) or 01 (External Terminal)
    PD163 Now set to 01 is this correct for Mach3 control?
    PD164 Now set to 01 is this correct for Mach3 control?
    PD165 Now set to 03 is this correct for Mach3 control?

Thanks

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been away from my cnc for some time and now I started again and noticed some problems with the VFD spindle speed. According to my notes last time I was experimenting with the RS485 adapter and since I didn’t notice a big change with the speed indication on Mach3 I decided not to use it but I think I forgot to change the parameters on the VFD (I don’t want to use the RS485)

I want Mach3 to control the VFD / Spindle and here are the parameters I want to correct.

PD001 Now set to 02 but not sure if I want 00 (Operator) or 01 (External Terminal)
    PD002 Now set to 02 but not sure if I want 00 (Operator) or 01 (External Terminal)
    PD163 Now set to 01 is this correct for Mach3 control?
    PD164 Now set to 01 is this correct for Mach3 control?
    PD165 Now set to 03 is this correct for Mach3 control?

Thanks
    These 3 Parameters are not used if you are just doing PWM 0-10 with Mach3 control, so would need to be set at the default, as I done

PD163=0
    PD164=1
    PD165=0

PD001=1
    PD002=1
    These 2 Parameters are needed for remote control, Plus the Jumper needs to be in the correct position

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

These 3 Parameters are not used if you are just doing PWM 0-10 with Mach3 control, so would need to be set at the default, as I done

PD163=0
    PD164=1
    PD165=0

PD001=1
    PD002=1
    These 2 Parameters are needed for remote control, Plus the Jumper needs to be in the correct position
    Thanks so much Mastec54, will try them tomorrow

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I did the changes on PD001, 002, 163, 164 and 165 and now the spindles runs every time I turn the VFD ON. Pressing the VFD RUN / STOP turn the spindle ON/OFF. The jumper is set on pins 1 and 2

Above were done with Mach3 and G540 OFF and I was surprised the spindle got going by itself.

Although the RS485 was disconnected from the PC to be safe I removed the wire completely from the VFD plus I deleted its related .DLL file from the Mach3 plugins directory.

Is there something else I should change?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I did the changes on PD001, 002, 163, 164 and 165 and now the spindles runs every time I turn the VFD ON. Pressing the VFD RUN / STOP turn the spindle ON/OFF. The jumper is set on pins 1 and 2

Above were done with Mach3 and G540 OFF and I was surprised the spindle got going by itself.

Although the RS485 was disconnected from the PC to be safe I removed the wire completely from the VFD plus I deleted its related .DLL file from the Mach3 plugins directory.

Is there something else I should change?
    Are you using the KeyPad or Remote control for On / Off

How do you have the VFD FOR and DCM wired

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using the KeyPad or Remote control for On / Off

How do you have the VFD FOR and DCM wired
    Thanks Mastec54

As I mentioned Mach3 and the G540 were OFF when I tried to change the VFD parameters and when I finished the changes the spindle started to spin. So I didn’t touched the VFD keyPad neither remote control since Mach3 was OFF (my PC and the G540 were OFF)

The VFD FOR is wired to G540 output terminal 5 and the VFD DCM is wired to G540 power supply ground terminal 12

Somehow I believe the problem is related to a VFD setting which I may have change to get the bloody RS485 going because when I install that USB I didn’t change any wiring, just connected the USB to RST and RS on the VFD.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mastec54

As I mentioned Mach3 and the G540 were OFF when I tried to change the VFD parameters and when I finished the changes the spindle started to spin. So I didn’t touched the VFD keyPad neither remote control since Mach3 was OFF (my PC and the G540 were OFF)

The VFD FOR is wired to G540 output terminal 5 and the VFD DCM is wired to G540 power supply ground terminal 12

Somehow I believe the problem is related to a VFD setting which I may have change to get the bloody RS485 going because when I install that USB I didn’t change any wiring, just connected the USB to RST and RS on the VFD.
    Unless you have a Relay between the VFD and the G540 direct wiring like that is not going to work, Output 5 needs to turn a Relay on, the other side of the Relay is connected to FOR and DCM

Take the Output 5 and the DCM wire off from the VFD and it will not start up you just need a switch between these to terminals

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I used to have 2 relays but after discussions with Al_The_Man I remove them and I had full control of the VFD and Cooling pump by using the VFD terminals VR, VI, ACM, FOR, DCM, FA and FB.

Since the VFD parameters I have looks like they are correct the problem must be with the Mach3 settings and checking briefly on the cnc PC the Spindle and Motor Tuning settings have change.

I can’t do a test right now because we have thunderstorms and often we lose power. I will try tomorrow and post the results.

Thanks Mastec54

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I used to have 2 relays but after discussions with Al_The_Man I remove them and I had full control of the VFD and Cooling pump by using the VFD terminals VR, VI, ACM, FOR, DCM, FA and FB.

Since the VFD parameters I have looks like they are correct the problem must be with the Mach3 settings and checking briefly on the cnc PC the Spindle and Motor Tuning settings have change.

I can’t do a test right now because we have thunderstorms and often we lose power. I will try tomorrow and post the results.

Thanks Mastec54
    Yes you can use the FA and FB for coolant Pump fans Etc, these will not work to control On / Off of the VFD Drive, you need to have a separate Relay that is controlled by G540 Output 5

Mactec54

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast