Interlock for VFD / Water Pump - Page 7

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Hi mastec54, I’m working to calibrate the spindle RPM and one thing I forgot to mention is the speed control knob I have on the VFD has never worked when I have the VFD setup on local control (PD001 and PD002 both set to 0)

The UP/DN arrows on the VFD work to increase / decrease the speed but the knob does nothing (perhaps is defective?)

I have no problem using the arrows to adjust the speed but I wonder if there is something I’m missing and perhaps having the knob inoperable may create the problem I have

Thanks Dan for the heads up, I will try the 1:283 ratio and will post back the results soon

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Hi mastec54, I’m working to calibrate the spindle RPM and one thing I forgot to mention is the speed control knob I have on the VFD has never worked when I have the VFD setup on local control (PD001 and PD002 both set to 0)

The UP/DN arrows on the VFD work to increase / decrease the speed but the knob does nothing (perhaps is defective?)

I have no problem using the arrows to adjust the speed but I wonder if there is something I’m missing and perhaps having the knob inoperable may create the problem I have

Thanks Dan for the heads up, I will try the 1:283 ratio and will post back the results soon
    Using the right combination of parameters the Pot will work, if it is connected, when you last tried, you had parameters set incorrect

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry mastec54, what do you mean “if it is connected”?
    And when you say “when you last tried, you had parameters set incorrect”?

VFD is new to me and I try to be careful and as far as I know all my settings are as per your suggestion and I attach here my parameters. Please let me know if I have something wrong

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-vfd-parameters-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Sorry mastec54, what do you mean “if it is connected”?
    And when you say “when you last tried, you had parameters set incorrect”?

VFD is new to me and I try to be careful and as far as I know all my settings are as per your suggestion and I attach here my parameters. Please let me know if I have something wrong

Thanks
    It may not be connected inside the drive, The last time you tried it you had PD003=100 the spindle would only run to 6,000 which is what this Parameter was set for, so the pot would not of done anything even if it was working

The Pot has to be set up for external use, so with the other connections, for Mach3 control it may not work

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mastec54 but I don’t remember having the PD003=100, perhaps I did but now it is 400. If the pot is not connected inside I don’t think I will try to “fix” it, the arrow keys are just fine.

I know the pot has to be set for external use for Mach3 to control the spindle but I was trying locally to see what the VFD is doing and it does a good job: goes up to 400Hz, 23995RPM (varies) and with the arrow keys I can adjust the speed nicely

Thanks for your time

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Pulling the last little bit of hair out I have. I am able to start an stop the spindle in mach 3. My setups are as follows. G540, 220v hy inverter with 1.5kw water cooled spindle. WHY the heck can I not change the rpms? No mater what I set the M3 S?? to I get 7200rpm. My settings are the same as mactec54's in previous posts here and on another thread. Its got to be something simple stupid and me being the latter lol. All is can say is HELP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by planekrazie View Post
    Pulling the last little bit of hair out I have. I am able to start an stop the spindle in mach 3. My setups are as follows. G540, 220v hy inverter with 1.5kw water cooled spindle. WHY the heck can I not change the rpms? No mater what I set the M3 S?? to I get 7200rpm. My settings are the same as mactec54's in previous posts here and on another thread. Its got to be something simple stupid and me being the latter lol. All is can say is HELP
    That's what 0volts is set for in your HY settings, maybe this will help you trouble shoot where your problem is with Mach3 or the G540.

My solution is going to cost you $10.00, buy a rs485 converter on ebay and download the free HY Mach3 plugin and you wont look back.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

May go ahead and grab one while I have a little hair left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by planekrazie View Post
    I’m with you man but mine is “improved a bit”, lol. I can get various speeds but not the same as I ask Mach3. For what is worth here is what I did today.

I re verified the VFD / Spindle works as they should by going into local control and the VFD goes from 400Hz down to I think was 250Hz. RPM on VFD verified with my laser tack and pretty close 23.9k to about 11.3K RPM

Switched the VFD to external control. Deleted the Liniarity.dat file from the Mack3/Macros folder.

Tried to set the pulley ratio to 1:283 but Mach3 will not keep this number, reverts to ratio 1. So I wrote in the ratio 1.283 or 0.283. Mack3 keeps these numbers and here are the results:

Regardless which ratio I use (1.283 or 0.283), S6000, VFD shows 11316 RPM. So ratio has no effect on speed control but it should

The following are with the ratio set to 1 and min pulley 0

Set pulley max to 15000, S6000, VFD indicates 13752 RPM
    Set pulley max to 10000, S6000, VFD indicates 17028 RPM
    Set pulley max to30000, S6000, VFD = 10492 RPM
    Set pulley max to 40000, S6000, VFD = 9682 RPM
    Set pulley max to 40000, S12000, VFD = 12122 RPM that’s pretty good but I didn’t have the time to try S6000. Will do it tomorrow

If tomorrow I see that S6000 or other speeds are pretty close to what ask with the pulley set to max 40000 I wonder if it will be safe to operate the cnc but will try to find answers to that tomorrow.

If all fails I will try to re install Mach3 and if no better results I will re install Vista and then Mach3 again. One has to keep trying and eventually we will see the light at the end of the tunnel

BTW I have ordered a RS485 adapter to be used with a plugin from
    Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. So enlighten me here. To be able to read 0-10v from the G540 it has to be hooked to the VFD correct?

Downloads
    Uploads

My setup: G540 pins 7, 8, 9 go to VFD ACM, VI, VR (+10) respectively.

I have also connected G540 pin 12 to star ground (earth ground) and to VFD DCM

First run the VFD on local control and verify the VFD can go up to 400Hz. Press the VFD Run button and use the arrow keys to increase/decrease the Hz. From your post #126 if you can only go up to 7200 RPM your VFD settings may be incorrect. Check PD003, 004, 005, 006, 007. Also your volts, amps and motor poles. Your inverter is 220V but mine is 110V. What is your spindle parameters from the tag on the spindle?

You measure between the VFD +10v and ACM terminals, you should have 10vdc (I get 9.88). This is controlled by analog input PD070 =0 (10V)
    You measure at G540 between pin 7&8 you should have
    100Hz, 2.5vdc
    200Hz, 5.0
    300Hz, 7.5
    400Hz, 10.0

I’m not an expert, I was told to do all the above and it worked for me so far. Be careful changing papameters on the VFD, if not sure dont guess but ask

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Will check tomorrow. By the way. Post a link to the RS485 adapter. I need to grab one also. What mach3 ver are u running also

Downloads
    Uploads

The link for the RS485 is shown in my post #129. I ordered mine from China, delivery is 4-8 weeks. If you find another place with faster delivery let me know.

Mach3 ver is .066

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I asked China why my item is not shipped yet and they answered they are out of stock and waiting from the factory. So I placed my order as per attached. The Chinese cost was $1.50 + 2.50 for expedited shipping but the delivery from China will take forever and I canceled my order

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-order-rs485-adapter-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Found one on Amazon for 7.99 two day shipping with prime

Downloads
    Uploads

Kolias. Where are u located.

Downloads
    Uploads

Never mind. I see you are on this side of the pond but far north

Downloads
    Uploads

Look at my avtar (left side of my post), Montreal Canada. Nothing wrong with Amazon but I dont like shopping there

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I went ahead and ordered one. I would like to use a Ethernet BOB but don't want to use the smoothstepper due to price. Any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, I’m reporting a big SUCCESS!!!, now I’m able to have Mach3 and VFD at the same RPM (pretty close). To my opinion the pulley settings is the key.

With the pulley min set to 5000 and max 25000 I get the following

S12000, tach reads 12820, VFD 12900, Hz 215
    S14000, 14480, 14592, 243
    S18000, 17584, 17854, 297
    S20000, 19211, 19480, 324
    S24000, 22514, 22756, 379

I’m sure when I fine tune the pulley min/max I will get much closer

In addition, most of the post I read they say the spindle in the Mach3 motor tuning screen have no effect but others say the same but also suggest the velocity/acceleration should be something except zero. So mine now are set: Stepsper=1000, vel=60, acc=1, steppulse/stepdir both set to 0

On the motor outputs screen for the spindle I have: Steppin=14, dirpin=0, both dir/step low are red, Stepport=1, dirport=0

Nicolas

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast