Uploads

Default Re: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Thanks for the tutorial John and thanks for been patient with me

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The DCM should be connected to RTN (24v common).
    You r P.S. commons do not show anything connected.
    Also RTN has to be connected to Gecko Term. 12.
    Al.
    As I mentioned, I have a note to the right of PSU’s which says the commons (Negative) of each PSU is connected to the earthed star ground. Is this not enough?

Not the proper way of showing this but to avoid confusion with too many lines I decided to have the note instead

Al please let me know if the above it’s ok. I will revise the schematic to include the diodes change and if need to I can also revise the grounding

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Technically you should also have a conductor to the respective terminals. And not just rely on a common star point as the junction.
    One thing I just realized is the VFD has the 24vdc power supply which could probably be used in place of the Sola 24vdc supply for just a couple of relays.
    Al..

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

It will be great if I can’t use the Sola PSU on this project due to my control panel’s limited size but definitely I can use the Sola in another project.

Is it possible to revise your drawing Al to include the conductor you mentioned instead of the common star point junction and the new 24VDC connection to the VFD?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

BTW the water pump is 110 / 120VAC, 50Hz, 60W

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Is it possible to revise your drawing Al to include the conductor you mentioned instead of the common star point junction and the new 24VDC connection to the VFD?
    Will do.
    What is meant is the 24v common, (RTN) should feed all the relevant points and not use the star earth for this, there should be one connection from any P.S. Common (-ve) and the start point ground.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

That’s fine Al, I will change my schematic accordingly

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks to the great help again from Al_The_Man, this is my revised schematic without the 24VDC PSU. I have rerouted some lines just to make the schematic easier to read.

What I still don’t understand is the connection from the G540 terminal12 to the VFD terminal DCM. To my opinion since the VFD has a +24VDC output it must also have the appropriate ground for the DCM and therefore I don’t need to bring a separate ground to DCM?

In addition, since the G540 is powered from a 48VDC PSU, terminal 12 has the negative from this PSU and connecting terminal 12 to the DCM does not sound good to me

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-final-wiring-schematic-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I know I already gave you one reason for it, but also if you follow the +24vdc to Relay 1 coil, you will see the other side of the relay coil going to the Gecko output, which is a 2n7002 Fet, now this Fet is referenced to Gecko supply common which is Term 12.
    So in order for the current to flow from the 24v, to the relay to the gecko back to the DCM it also has to be connected to Term 12. Otherwise it dead ends at the gecko output.
    Even if you used the original Sola 24v supply, it's common or as it is labeled, RTN, would also have to be connected to term 12.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I assume Al that the 2n7002 Fet is the diode I have across the coil terminals

I have no problem with the path from +24v to the relay coil, then to T12 and finally to the DCM.

However since I know very little of the VFD I just can’t see connecting to the DCM the negative of a PSU which is 48v. I know you had mentioned all negatives can be connected together and I understand that on any other situation but I just can’t see it on the VFD.

Anyway since you know much more than I do, let’s close this subject. I feel comfortable with what you say and perhaps after I start my VFD I will be more confident.

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

No, the Fet is a Mosfet (output) transistor in the Gecko that picks up the relay the Drain of which is connected to the output terminal pin and the Source is connected to Common or Term 12.
    I can duplicate it with the Huanyang I have here if it would give you peace of mind.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

No need to duplicate Al, my mind is always in peace when you confirm something

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Now that my wiring schematic is pretty much done, next step will be to finish programing the VFD before I connect the spindle.

mastec54, provided some parameters in post #44 and I wonder are there any more required? For convenience I repeat the specs of the VFD / Spindle:

VFD: Huanyang, HY01D511B, 3 PHAC 110+/-20%, 50Hz +/- 5Hz, 3PH 0-110AC, 1.5KW 13A, 0.50-400.00Hz, 400-606-8887
    Spindle: Huanyang, GDZ-65-800C, 65x195mm, 110V 800W, 400Hz, 24000RPM, ER11A clamping nut.

I would like to control everything from the Mach3 screen

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I will be starting my water cooled 800W HY spindle this week and I wonder if I have to do anything before on the bearings grease lubrication. Can’t find any information on them so are the bearings pre lubricated and if not how to lubricate and what kind lubricant. I see no grease nipple on the spindle. If they are pre lubricated, any idea of what kind of life we are talking about?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I will be starting my water cooled 800W HY spindle this week and I wonder if I have to do anything before on the bearings grease lubrication. Can’t find any information on them so are the bearings pre lubricated and if not how to lubricate and what kind lubricant. I see no grease nipple on the spindle. If they are pre lubricated, any idea of what kind of life we are talking about?
    They are pre-lubricated Sealed AC Bearings, and are ready to run it would not be a bad idea if you run it at 8,000 for a few minutes, most are test run at the factory, so not much to worry about
    if your parameters and wiring is correct

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mastec54, I was not planning to go over 8000

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

My spindle ramps up to full speed (24K RPM) in a split of a second

I have only set PD014 / PD015 to 12 which I think it may be too high and I have no values set for PD016 to PD021 which are all for Acceleration / Deceleration.

The manual says the range for the above parameters are 0.16 to 500

Should I set a values for the PD016 to PD021 or its not required?

Besides the 12 value what should be a recommended value? Perhaps 0.20?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

My spindle ramps up to full speed (24K RPM) in a split of a second

I have only set PD014 / PD015 to 12 which I think it may be too high and I have no values set for PD016 to PD021 which are all for Acceleration / Deceleration.

The manual says the range for the above parameters are 0.16 to 500

Should I set a values for the PD016 to PD021 or its not required?

Besides the 12 value what should be a recommended value? Perhaps 0.20?
    I gave you the settings you need for your VFD and Spindle, there are no other Parameters that need to be changed, you will get your self in a mess if you set any other Parameters

If it ramps up in a split second then you don't have a problem with PD014

PD014 acceleration can be adjusted it will fault out if it is to low this is how fast it will accelerate up to speed the same with PD015 Deceleration this can also be adjusted to suit your spindle the lower the number the quicker it will stop, but there is a limit as to how fast it can stop, the same thing will happen it will fault out if the number is too low, these values are in seconds you most likely can't go below 5s with your VFD

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

To verify my VFD settings are right I disconnected the G540 and set PD001=0 and PD002=0 plus moved the jumper to pins 2&3 Now I have local control on the VFD. Pushing the RUN it starts the water pump and the spindle but the spindle only goes up to 7200 RPM / 120Hz and the speed knob does nothing to increase / decrease the speed.

Am I missing something?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

To verify my VFD settings are right I disconnected the G540 and set PD001=0 and PD002=0 plus moved the jumper to pins 2&3 Now I have local control on the VFD. Pushing the RUN it starts the water pump and the spindle but the spindle only goes up to 7200 RPM / 120Hz and the speed knob does nothing to increase / decrease the speed.

Am I missing something?
    You had it running at 24,000rpm, so what did you change, if you have a pot then some of these VFD Drives call that as remote, so have to set it as remote use for the Pot, the arrow keys should work though check PD003 has the correct Parameter setting

Mactec54

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast