Interlock for VFD / Water Pump - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Got my package today and I must say it looks pretty good and it even has for the VFD a 67 pages nicely written manual in English. I bought the set as per my post #35 (vipwindows_168) and they even have a site at Industrial Automation servo motor lcd fasttobuy.com. Shipping included by DHL it cost me CAD$500.00. The person I dealt with was Helen and her English was perfect. She answered all my questions promptly and my experience with these people was excellent.

Now I will read the manual and see what I can get out of it. I’m building a new cnc out of 1/2" and 3/8” aluminum plate / flat bar and I’m at the base of the machine so it will take me some time to install the spindle and do all the wiring but perhaps in between I may try to connect the power to the VFD and set the parameters before I connect the spindle.

I attach here some pictures but in case some parameters are not visible here they are:

Spindle: Huanyang, GDZ-65-800C, 65x195mm, 110V 800W, 400Hz, 24000RPM, ER11A clamping nut

VFD: Huanyang, HY01D511B, 3 PHAC 110+/-20%, 50Hz +/- 5Hz, 3PH 0-110AC, 1.5KW 13A, 0.50-400.00Hz, 400-606-8887

Regarding the VFD specs, should the 50HZ +/- 5Hz be 60Hz?

If anyone has any tips regarding the VFD parameters settings I will be happy to hear

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-dsc06652-jpg   Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-dsc06664-jpg   Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-dsc06666-jpg   Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-dsc06667-jpg  

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post

If anyone has any tips regarding the VFD parameters settings I will be happy to hear
    The line frequency should not really matter because as soon as the input voltage gets inside the VFD it gets rectified to DC.

Set the following parameters:
    Main frequency, base frequency and max operating frequency = 400Hz.
    Max voltage = 110V
    Leave the rest of the settings at factory default unless and until you need to change them.
    That should be enough to hook up the motor, press the start button and watch it spool up. Make sure it rotates in the right direction; if not, swap any two of the motor wires. Check the motor current while it's running.
    Then you can set up all the fun stuff like command source and frequency source.

Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds pretty easy and will do soon as I have a chance

Thanks

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Got my package today and I must say it looks pretty good and it even has for the VFD a 67 pages nicely written manual in English. I bought the set as per my post #35 (vipwindows_168) and they even have a site at Industrial Automation servo motor lcd fasttobuy.com. Shipping included by DHL it cost me CAD$500.00. The person I dealt with was Helen and her English was perfect. She answered all my questions promptly and my experience with these people was excellent.

Now I will read the manual and see what I can get out of it. I’m building a new cnc out of 1/2" and 3/8” aluminum plate / flat bar and I’m at the base of the machine so it will take me some time to install the spindle and do all the wiring but perhaps in between I may try to connect the power to the VFD and set the parameters before I connect the spindle.

I attach here some pictures but in case some parameters are not visible here they are:

Spindle: Huanyang, GDZ-65-800C, 65x195mm, 110V 800W, 400Hz, 24000RPM, ER11A clamping nut

VFD: Huanyang, HY01D511B, 3 PHAC 110+/-20%, 50Hz +/- 5Hz, 3PH 0-110AC, 1.5KW 13A, 0.50-400.00Hz, 400-606-8887

Here are the Parameters that you need to set

Huanyang Mactec54

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220 (120 If you have 120v VFD )

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)

(Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

( Set for your motor Amp Rating 800w Spindle 7 amp Max )

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 (100 Minimum Setting )

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds pretty easy and will do soon as I have a chance

Thanks
    Yes it is easy if you set the parameters I have posted, don't forget the wiring also has to be correct

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Never done this before but to connect the 110VAC I will connect the Black to terminal R, White to terminal T and the Ground to the first terminal at the right (under number 9).

But still need to read the manual to familiarize myself. Will probably try this weekend

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Never done this before but to connect the 110VAC I will connect the Black to terminal R, White to terminal T and the Ground to the first terminal at the right (under number 9).

But still need to read the manual to familiarize myself. Will probably try this weekend
    That is correct, but check the Ground Terminal some have had problems with this, check with your meter that the Ground terminal has continuity to the Heat sink main base of the VFD

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

That’s a good idea mastec54 but how do I access the heat sink?

I see 4 screw holes at the back and the screws I see are the ends (the screw heads are from the front side). Do I remove the front cover completely?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

That’s a good idea mastec54 but how do I access the heat sink?

I see 4 screw holes at the back and the screws I see are the ends (the screw heads are from the front side). Do I remove the front cover completely?
    The base where the VFD is mounted is all part of the Heat sink, but some I have seen on the newer one's are plastic so that would not work checking the base

Last edited by mactec54; 10-22-2016 at 02:51 PM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm out of luck, the back is all plastic!

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm out of luck, the back is all plastic!
    They have got really bad with that part, but they do work and are quite cheap to buy, this is probably the only way they can make them this cheap, lots of plastic

Just put the Ground wire on the # 9 Terminal it does say it is the Grounding point

Another thing to check is the spindle Ground should be Pin 4 in the spindle plug, sometimes this is not connected and needs to be corrected

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I will keep this in mind mastec54 when I connect the spindle plug

I was intrigued why they have a finger indentation at the top of the keypad and looking closer I noticed there is a button above the keypad and when I pressed the button the keypad came out but the ribbon is glued to the back of the pad.

Out of curiosity do you know why the keypad is removable?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-dsc06674-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I will keep this in mind mastec54 when I connect the spindle plug

I was intrigued why they have a finger indentation at the top of the keypad and looking closer I noticed there is a button above the keypad and when I pressed the button the keypad came out but the ribbon is glued to the back of the pad.

Out of curiosity do you know why the keypad is removable?
    Some key pads you can mount remote from the drive

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey mastec54, slowly I’m getting ready to start my VFD and I have these questions:

PD006 is the intermediate frequency and you provided no value. Should I set it to 400Hz?

PD142=9 My spindle is 800W at 110VAC I get 7.2A, should I use the 9 you said or use 7.2A?

PD143=2 The plug at the top of the spindle has 4 connection (one is for the ground). Don’t I have 3 poles?

Thanks

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey mastec54, slowly I’m getting ready to start my VFD and I have these questions:

PD006 is the intermediate frequency and you provided no value. Should I set it to 400Hz?

PD142=9 My spindle is 800W at 110VAC I get 7.2A, should I use the 9 you said or use 7.2A?

PD143=2 The plug at the top of the spindle has 4 connection (one is for the ground). Don’t I have 3 poles?

Thanks
    Pd006 is not used, if it was used it would be 150

PD142=9 is for the 2.2Kw spindle read what is written with this Parameter, your setting is there 7 max

Check what I posted ( Set for your motor Amp Rating 800w Spindle 7 amp Max )

PD143=2 you only have a 2 Pole motor

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mastec54, I understand now and I should be able to start the VFD this week

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally I got my first power up of the VFD, nothing smoking yet but pressing the PROG key or any other key nothing works and I unplugged the unit in under a minute.

I have set the VFD temporarily on my bench and perhaps it must be in a vertical position to function?

Or perhaps it needs a few minutes to warm up?

2 pictures attached to see my setup

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-dsc06678-jpg   Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-dsc06680-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

No, the VFD does not to be vertical to operate. Neither does it need any time to warm up.

In your picture the VFD seems to be running. It will not allow you to program any parameters while it's running, you have to press the STOP button first.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did press all the buttons including the STOP and noticed no difference

I will try again now

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, now it works

I set the PD013 to 8, then I set the PD000 to 0, then I set the PD001 to 0 and then I tried to set PD003 to 400 but I was unable to do so

So I got the PD003 flashing and I hit the SET button
    Now the display shows 000.00
    I use the SHIFT key until I get the first zero flashing
    Then I use the up/dn keys to change the first zero value but immediately the second zero is flashing and is set to 5. The result is 050.00

I tried the above a few times but I get the same result. Will try tomorrow again, perhaps it’s not my day!

When I want to unplug the VFD, I just unplug it or I should first press the STOP button?

Nicolas

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast