Interlock for VFD / Water Pump - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Interlock for VFD / Water Pump

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Thanks mastec54 for the heads up on LV

1HP is ok for me although a bit more would have been better but I’m limited to the input voltage; I only have 110VAC, 15A in my garage because it’s not easy to run a new 220VAC line due to the location of the mains control panel

Factorymation did not reply to my email perhaps because its Saturday today but checking on their shipping policy they do ship internationally

Assuming I can get this TECO VFD, the next step is to get the spindle and so far I came empty handed searching for US suppliers. Would you know any supplier?

If not then I will have to get one from eBay or Aliexpress

So your spindle with that VFD could not be over 800w max, even that would be pushing it, the Teco VFD is a good VFD, and much better than any of the low cost Chinese VFD's , just because the spindles say a 2.2Kw is 9.5 Amps the input power for the VFD has to be more than double that, so if you only have a max of 15amps , you need your spindle and Drive to match your supply

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I have found what is shown on the link below and have asked if I can buy just the spindle.
    800W Water Cooled CNC Spindle Motor 110V 1 5KW VFD Inverter Bracket Pump Pipe | eBay

If things don’t work out with Factorymation I will buy from the above link the VFD & Spindle. I suspect the shipping cost from Factorymation to be high

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I have found what is shown on the link below and have asked if I can buy just the spindle.
    800W Water Cooled CNC Spindle Motor 110V 1 5KW VFD Inverter Bracket Pump Pipe | eBay

If things don’t work out with Factorymation I will buy from the above link the VFD & Spindle. I suspect the shipping cost from Factorymation to be high
    No You would not want that spindle if you where going with the Teco VFD, be careful what you look at that is one of those strange 110v 3 phase spindles you want to see 220v /240v for the spindle specs, if you have the matching VFD some have these and they run fine

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-110v-spindle-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ooops, I knew I had to verify to VFD’s output to match the spindle’s input, thanks mastec54 for pointing out my mistake.

The attached link indicates the FM50-101-C, IP20 VFD. Although Factorymation states they ship only by UPS when I went thru the registration process to create an account I had an option to choose between UPS and USPS Priority Mail International and my cost for this VFD was $39.45 with USPS.
    FM50-101-C

That’s a good price for me and I’m ready to order it. Mastec54 when you go to this link click the specification tab to see all the details. Please let me know if all is ok

Just remember, before I order it I should find a water cooled spindle on eBay for 800W, 230V, 3PH so I don’t get stuck with a VFD without a spindle, lol

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No You would not want that spindle if you where going with the Teco VFD, be careful what you look at that is one of those strange 110v 3 phase spindles you want to see 220v /240v for the spindle specs, if you have the matching VFD some have these and they run fine
    The spindle's rated voltage is no big deal. As I understand, in most VFDs you can configure the V/F curve for any voltage you want. You can easily set the maximum voltage to 110V for a "strange" 110V spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    The spindle's rated voltage is no big deal. As I understand, in most VFDs you can configure the V/F curve for any voltage you want. You can easily set the maximum voltage to 110V for a "strange" 110V spindle.
    Anything is possible, but why would you want to even try this, ( 110V 3 Ph motor ) on a VFD with a 240v output there is no real way to change this, I know that some have done this, the motor amps would be double to get the same performance as a 230v spindle, and this would make the input supply amps more than what he has available

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Anything is possible, but why would you want to even try this, ( 110V 3 Ph motor ) on a VFD with a 240v output there is no real way to change this, I know that some have done this, the motor amps would be double to get the same performance as a 230v spindle, and this would make the input supply amps more than what he has available
    Sorry, but you are quite wrong.
    1. "on a VFD with a 240V output there is no way to change this" - yes there is. The output of the VFD can vary from 0 volts up to the line voltage. It is just a matter of changing the settings to run a motor of any nameplate voltage - 240V, 230V, 220V, 110V...
    2. "the motor amps would be double to get the same performance as a 230v spindle, and this would make the input supply amps more than what he has available" - a VFD running a 110V 10A motor will draw roughly the same current as a VFD running a 220V 5A motor. A VFD is not a linear regulator, its efficiency stays more or less the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Folks you are getting too complicated for me, lol

I’m looking at this spindle
    800W 4 Bearings Spindle Motor Water Cooled D65M ER11 CNC Engraving Milling Grind | eBay

The spindle among other specs it says Frequency 400Hz and the TECO FM50 has a Rated Output Frequency of Up to 200Hz.

Is there a problem with the above?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Folks you are getting too complicated for me, lol

800W 4 Bearings Spindle Motor Water Cooled D65M ER11 CNC Engraving Milling Grind | eBay

The spindle among other specs it says Frequency 400Hz and the TECO FM50 has a Rated Output Frequency of Up to 200Hz.

Most of these spindles are 400Hz so yes the Teco VFD would not be up to the task to run that spindle

The Spindle looks good

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The only problem is that your 200Hz VFD will run a 400Hz spindle at half the speed, that is 12000RPM max. You need a VFD that goes to 400Hz if you want to spin the cutter faster than 12000.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, but you are quite wrong.
    1. "on a VFD with a 240V output there is no way to change this" - yes there is. The output of the VFD can vary from 0 volts up to the line voltage. It is just a matter of changing the settings to run a motor of any nameplate voltage - 240V, 230V, 220V, 110V...
    2. "the motor amps would be double to get the same performance as a 230v spindle, and this would make the input supply amps more than what he has available" - a VFD running a 110V 10A motor will draw roughly the same current as a VFD running a 220V 5A motor. A VFD is not a linear regulator, its efficiency stays more or less the same.
    Yes and find a VFD the you can change the voltage to 110v, unless they VFD spec's are for 110v it's not going to happen, most have a range that they operate at and you can not change that, the DC Buss Voltage gets to low and the output would be dismal, you talk a lot but show a video of how to do this and it running then you will have something to brag about

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The only problem is that your 200Hz VFD will run a 400Hz spindle at half the speed, that is 12000RPM max. You need a VFD that goes to 400Hz if you want to spin the cutter faster than 12000.
    Again saying things that are not correct, the spindle motor would over heat and burn out if you run it on 200Hz , the VFD have to be able to set at the motor rated Hz,

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes and find a VFD the you can change the voltage to 110v, unless they VFD spec's are for 110v it's not going to happen, most have a range that they operate at and you can not change that, the DC Buss Voltage gets to low and the output would be dismal, you talk a lot but show a video of how to do this and it running then you will have something to brag about
    Take a most common HY-series Chinese VFD.

Parameter PD008: maximum voltage. Factory set to 220V, can be user set anywhere starting from 0.1 volts. Set it to 110 for the 110V spindle.
    Parameter PD009: intermediate voltage. This parameter defines the V/F curve, factory setting is 15V. Set it to 7.5 for the 110V spindle.

"DC Buss Voltage gets to low and the output would be dismal" - sorry again, but you don't seem to know what you are talking about. The DC bus voltage in the VFD always stays the same (equals to the rectified line voltage). The output voltage is varied using PWM.

If you don't believe me, mail me a 240V VFD and a 110V motor and I will gladly make a video for you. Or better yet try it yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Again saying things that are not correct, the spindle motor would over heat and burn out if you run it on 200Hz , the VFD have to be able to set at the motor rated Hz,
    It will not "overheat and burn out", just set the V/F curve for the 200Hz VFD so its maximum output voltage matches the 400Hz VFD running at 200Hz.

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m getting confused here guys, perhaps it will be better if I get a matching set of Chinese VFD / spindle as per this link?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m getting confused here guys, perhaps it will be better if I get a matching set of Chinese VFD / spindle as per this link?
    That looks like a good package to me, although I think I've seen 2.2kW kits for about the same money.

Edit: no, I was wrong, 2.2kW kits cost around $450 and up.

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks like a good package to me, although I think I've seen 2.2kW kits for about the same money.

Edit: no, I was wrong, 2.2kW kits cost around $450 and up.
    Although its a hard choice to give up the TECO FM50, I think I will go for it
    Thank you

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Although its a hard choice to give up the TECO FM50, I think I will go for it
    Thank you

If the Teco is only a max of 200Hz then you will not be able to run a 400hz spindle on it, the outcome if you did as many have found out will be a burnt out spindle as per this photo

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interlock for VFD / Water Pump-burnt-spindle-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

My post #37 was not clear, I meant I will go for it meaning I will go for the Chinese package as per post #35

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

My post #37 was not clear, I meant I will go for it meaning I will go for the Chinese package as per post #35
    That is a Good Spindle also, I have been to there Factory, I don't know how good the VFD is, I don't see the manufacturers name, if the VFD is wired correct and the parameters are set correct, then most of the Chinese VFD Drives last quite well

Mactec54

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast