Wiring and Controller Location

Thread: Wiring and Controller Location

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring and Controller Location

I have noticed that most people have controllers mounted on their gantry and was wondering if there was any reason other than saving wire.

I would rather put my controller, and all other electronics in the same enclosure that I am making for the computer and be able to do some heavy duty cooling for everything.

It would be a wall mounted, shallow box with a glass, sealed front, and vents top and bottom from the adjoining room.

The only electronics outside of it would be keyboard and mouse, in plastic bags.

This is the controller/motor kit- 4 Axis 1.9Nm(269oz.in) Nema 23 Stepper Motor & TB6560 Driver Kit|US122|4 Axis CNC Kits

Anybody have any thoughts on this.

Thanx, Alan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring and Controller Location

Your electronics will be nice protected which is good. Keyboard and mouse, think about a wireless one liquid proof.. They are not expensive and accidently killing mouse or keyboard will never do harm to the computer. For the wires to motor and end stops, use shielded wires to prevent interference. The shield should only be connected on one side ( system / controller / driver ) If you can keep the length below 3 meters ( 10 foot ), that should work fine. On this forum, read some more about the TB6560. Many are not happy about that one because it's sensitive to bad board layout and bad power up sequence. If you already have it, do the wiring carefully, and go with it.