New Electronics Enclosure question

Thread: New Electronics Enclosure question

Default New Electronics Enclosure question

Good Morning! I recently bought a a small mini mill with a cnc conversion semi complete, but it had no electronics enclosure. As I am located in a a small Texas town on the southern edge of the state, there is not much for electronic suppliers around here. Where is a good place to order an enclosure for me to mount my power supply, controller, etc? Thanks in advance.

Eddie aka CNC_Newbie

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Electronics Enclosure question

Why not making your own? After all, it is just a box, and if you make your own you can make it to the size you really want, out of materials you easily can work with.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have often picked a deal up on ebay on a NEMA enclosure from a stripped machiney, Most come with disconnect, terminals, fuses etc.
    You may have to be patient but with a bit of a repaint maybe it is often worth it.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Al_the_Man,
    I am upgrading my CNC to a 220V VFR/spindle. In my main breaker box (see picture), I have a spare 60a, 220V CB. The plan is to run a 12-3 wire to a separate breaker box that has room for up to 3 220v breakers. Future expansion. Then wire a 15A 220v breaker with 14-3 direct to the VFR. When I opened the main breaker box, I was surprised to see that the White wire and the Green ground wire were connected to the same bus. In other words, White and Green are one and the same. For the 220 v, Red and Black are Hot, with White and Green being ground. For a 110v breaker, Black and White complete the circuit with Green being the ground. If White and Green are both ground, why do we need a three wire prong?New Electronics Enclosure question-2016-04-13-13-49-40-jpg

The picture should show the shop's main breaker box internals. The open 220V 60A breaker is the one in the upper left corner. In the new breaker box, the Black and Red will be hot while White and Green connect to a common bus. According to the Internet this is correct, but it seems odd. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Dave