Thread: Stepper motors I got cheap ??? photo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stepper motors I got cheap ??? photo

Hi guys

The Howard IND is rated at 12.0Vdc and has 3.6dgr per step
    5 wire white/red/green/brown/black

How would one wire this up; and as i have no idea about how powerfull it is; for $6.99/each where they a good buy?

The others I got for $2.99 each are Japan Servo type KP4M2-009 1.8dgr/step 2 of these; the last is type KP42HM2-225 0.9dgr/step
    I did not know there was differances between the Japan steppers; but as they where the last 3

Any help would be great

TIA

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

They look to be nema 17, which is a bit light for cnc router use, usually in the 25-30 oz-in range. Also 12 volts isn't great.... too slow.

Look for nema 23, 4 to 6 volts and 1 to 2 amps, 4 or 6 wire steppers. They will be 60 to 125 oz/in.

E

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Balsaman; I'll bet you know the place I got them from; as I see you are close to me (well Ontario anyways) Princess auto
    I forgot to add the Japan servos are 5Vdc
    I was not thinking of using them for my CNC mill; but more as a learning experiance; they were so cheap!
    I was thinking I'd play first; then once my CNC mill was complete; make a very small CNC engraver out of them; maybe only 3" of travel; where I work we have an engraving machine (I look after it) and it is air powered for the punch engraving; I think a spindle will make a better engraving and I might offer it to the boss once its running good (we have some small parts and have the apprentices hand punch now)

But for what I spent; I'm not bothered if I never make them into a CNC machine; just want to make them move and see what I can do with the available power they do offer; maybe a toy for the little girl