Quote Originally Posted by bayouburner View Post
So that may explain how I burnt up 3 drivers in 5 minutes, using the estop as a master (BOB, Power Supply, fan and LED transformer, all three drivers etc..) on/off switch ?
The bottom line is that an E-stop should be capable of removing power from all motorized parts of the machine.
This conforms to the code, both in N.A. and EU.
In this case it is not known why this occurred,
One of the big problems is with DIY over a commercial or a system designed from components gathered from different sources by a qualified designer is that in the case of DIY, it is made up usually of different components from different sources, each of which the supplier has no idea what other parts make up the whole, therefore they often either do not include any feature to accommodate a E-stop according to code, or are just are concerned with their particular component without regard to other parts of the system.
Probably some of the reasons is that different components are made by those with no particular knowledge of industrial control and come up with what ever they think will work for them and their potential customers!
I have yet to see a DIY supplier indicate a E-Stop circuit that would satisfy the code.
For a DIY builder, it is not mandatory or compulsory to abide by regulations that apply to those like myself that supply industrial customers.
So if one want to bypass this feature it is on their head.
Do not rely on Chinese suppliers either to conform to regulation.
Al.