Need Help! Identifying this controller and pin out

Thread: Identifying this controller and pin out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Identifying this controller and pin out

Hi community,

I got a CNC 3040 and I am trying to add limit switches and a Probe (tool height).
    Once I popped open the controller box, I saw that I have a different design than what most of
    my search findings. (perhaps that is a good thing as most of those boards have bad components that needed fixing!)

After much research on the PCB model I could find this page:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=21278176969

and another page that is a company which I emailed twice with no response.

Clearly the lower left pins are used for the limits and probe. (I could see writing on there saying X+ X- ...)
    My continuity test failed to match any of the LPT pins, after reading the aforementioned page, it mentions using 74HC amp chip which I think
    that is why I couldn't pin point which pins go where.

Thought about asking on the forums if anyone has any experience with this board before I go probing deeper and potentially get into trouble.

Thanks for your help.

NOTE: I also put in the photo for the spindle controller, perhaps someone knows something about it, I would love to do PWM from Mach3 or LinuxCNC (EMC2)

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Identifying this controller and pin out-cnc_board-jpg   Identifying this controller and pin out-stepper_controller-jpg   Identifying this controller and pin out-spindle_controller-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Detailed Image

Post a clear hi res image with good lighting of the area in front of the arrow.

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Identifying this controller and pin out-stepper_controller-jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Detailed Image

Hi Jeff,
    Attached.
    First one is a close up at the LPT and Headers.
    Second one is an overall that includes another set of possible headers breakout area.
    My point was to show that those are connected *partially* if you look at the X+ pin, you can trace it is going to the right most pin in that unpopulated area.
    (I confirmed with a voltmeter)

P10 (seen connected) is the Emergency stop, at Pin-10 in LPT.

Thanks

EDIT: Added more info.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Identifying this controller and pin out-cnc_board_close_up-jpg   Identifying this controller and pin out-cnc_board_close_up_2-jpg  
    Last edited by fkahhaleh; 10-23-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Identifying this controller and pin out

Yes, Its possible that there is other circuitry (such as a optoisolator) between the pins and the port that would throw off a ohm reading.

Assign a pin number 11, 12 and 13 to a limit then short each pair of pins while monitoring the matching input port led on the diagnostic page of Mach3.

Assign pin 15 to the probe then short that pair of pins while monitoring the matching input port led on the diagnostic page of Mach3.

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Identifying this controller and pin out-input-leds-jpg   Identifying this controller and pin out-limits-jpg   Identifying this controller and pin out-probe-jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Identifying this controller and pin out

Thanks Jeff.
    That was what I had on mind, however the fear of burning something at this stage scares me; hence the post about anyone having worked with these before? or perhaps
    did some reverse engineering!

Having said that, it looks like the way to go unless somebody else has any more information!
    I appreciate your input, and will report back my findings.