3dprintforums logo

CNCzone Network:  RFQwork :: 3Dprintforums :: Welderzone :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Twitter :: SiteMap

Thread: Newb, please help me get started

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newb, please help me get started

Hi! Been reading the site often and ready to make a lathe purchase. Am wanting to get into making the odd motorcycle engine parts so accuracy is of utmost importance. Has been suggested I look for something in the 11 inch swing range.

I have an opportunity in Wellington on a Boxford C-10. Deciding between that or a newer Hafco type, AL-320G or AL-335. Its my first lathe and I dont want to fall short. I hear great things about accuracy on the older models, but dont believe the Boxford has a power feed? Are parts hard to get?

Can a Chinese/Taiwan model come close to the older machines? If so, Ill just go new as it seems an easier path for me.

Let me know. I know you get asked this all the time. Appreciate the help.

These are the new lines Im looking at
    https://www.machineryhouse.co.nz/Bench-Lathes

If you were willing to lay down lets say $5000 NZD what would you choose?

Regards,
    John