free machine shop

Thread: free machine shop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default free machine shop

Hey guys and gals, someone told me there is a shop where the owner simply wants someone to come in and take over...? ive heard of this a few times. am I the only one ? is it possible to take over ownership/partner in this type of setting? thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: free machine shop

I he is wanting or needing to quit and can't find any local takers, I doubt it would be something you would want to get mixed up in.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think they tried to sell. the rumor is they got a fat paycheck on a patent.

Downloads
    Uploads

The best way to capitalize on a patent is to be the sole manufacturer of that particular product for the 20 or 25 years that the patent is in effect for. It doesn't matter that he got a fat check. He would still be throwing money down the drain. Of course, I am in no way considered a financial advisory nor am I a business consultant. There is plenty of evidence that some people do strange things when they receive a large windfall of funds.
    That said, patents cost a lot of money. If he received a large check, he has already sold or leased the rights.
    Maybe he is tired of working, but I would tire quickly of not working.
    If I was to win the lottery, I would probably farm out 100% production of my product. I would still be involved in R&D and machine stuff for my own use. I would , however probably do that on better machinery.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the other case was an old man ready to retire . he just wanted someone to take over and the equipment was not high value. again its odd to me . but the machinist are in demand more lately . there was a guy who asked we personally to be a partner. I later found out that another guy on the floor was a partner. maybe this is a way to have an employee?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd be skeptical. Does he need someone to come in to keep making payments on the equipment? If you're taking over the assets, aren't you also taking over the liabilities? Maybe there's more to this than meets the eye...

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

You know the old adage holds true. If it sounds too good to be true...
    The other thing of note is that absolutely nothing is free.

Lee