Need Help! Need help engraving text with Xilog .

Thread: Need help engraving text with Xilog .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help engraving text with Xilog .

Hi all. I am trying to find a way to use my Morbidelli Author point to point machine to engrave some simple one line text. I cant find a Free program that converts it correctly. Xilog writer works great for 3 programs then you need to spend money and this is a freebie job I am tiring to help a local non profit out with.

I cant seam to go from DXF to xilog successfully. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Robert.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help engraving text with Xilog .

Hi Robert. What program are you using to create the DXF file with? I can help you out if you use Autocad. I no longer do that, since SCM's newer Maestro software is pretty good for writing and machining text directly, but I can remember how to get from autocad text to xilog readable file. The main issue is that Xilog will only read and accept polylines. You have to make sure that the text you have is nothing but a polyline. Not a spline, not anythig else. I know how to do this with autocad, using the express tools.