CNC punch press software

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC punch press software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC punch press software

I am helping review CNC punching/nesting software suites for my employer. From what I have read this forum deals more with CNC milling than anything else, but most of the posters seem extremely knowledgeable so I thought I would ask a couple quick questions:

We currently use Sigmanest to nest for our lasers. Does anyone have any experience with their newer punch module?

We are also looking closely at Radan, and possibly Stryker. Any information/user experience with these?

At this point we have an engineer that does all the CNC punch programming by hand, using CAMBridge (I believe).

Our applications are strickly 2d, we export flats out of SolidEdge.

If there is a more applicable forum I should be posting in, please let me know. Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't programmed CNC punch presses in over 8 years, but we used Stryker systems within AutoCad. It worked very well and we were happy with it and the company. They worked diligently to develop our applications.
    Good luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep learning as much as I can about all of them in the meantime.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm looking for the same thing too.

My die set is my own design. It uses 28xx punches and dies from CE Tooling and makes them for use in a OBI type stamping press. I had Minister build me a 35 Ton press that works real well. They built it using my own specs. I originally had a HEIM Rouselle G1-55 which was too big, and another Minister and Rouselle that were both too small (kick presses) that used a foot pedal to operate. I needed one that used a 2-1/2 foot x 1-1/2 die space.. and did single station punching, but easily allowed both punches to rotate in 1 to 5 deg increments through the full 360°.

I considered having AMADA make me a press but that was too $$$$$$$$$.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Take a look at metalsoft I have seen them work on amada and trump punch and laser
    I use tops 100 and 300 from trumpf

Downloads
    Uploads

I think MetalSoft is a AMADA company.

I'll try that thought.

Greg

Default Hope I am not too late!

I love these questions and I hope everyone reads with an open mind because I have been around the block with punching software. Although I have never used Sigmanest I hear that they do a really good job with lasers and plasmas however they struggle in the punching area. In the past I have used SmartCam (not good for newer machines) and Optimation (reduced programming time at the cost of increased cycle times) and currently I use Wittlock Engineering software WE-CIM that is driving all the machines were I work. (a key issue with any software you look at). Recently I have found that I can generate programs faster than Stryker. If you only have one machine and you never plan on buying any other type buy what the machine builder recommends.

Wittlock Engineering: http://www.wittlockeng.com/

I would highly recommend you look at Wittlock Engineering if you truly want to drive any sheet metal equipment, have the flexibility to change and customize to your daily needs. Take a look at my home page for some examples of custom code and custom reports generated from WE-CIM.

Greg
    Home Page: http://www.ctcn.net/~3kings

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone, I work for a firm in New Zealand that produces food display cabinets and we have a Trumpf 2020R, A job has become available nesting parts on sheets and I was wondering if anyone had any information they could share so I could have an advantage in the interview. We use tops software.

Trumpf has what they call "Free Geometry Nesting". I would recomend that you have this if your going to be nesting a large amout of differant shaped parts.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.independentcnc.com

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb We use Striker

You have to hold Striker's hand A LOT until you get it down. There are many, many presets and configuration parameters to set. There are also many functions that are totally useless and even striker reps themselves will admit that. It took me about 6 months to get the hang of it. Now I can bust out very good to excellent programs in a breeze. The striker systems tech support is absolutely top notch.

This is the only program I've used and I have to say I'm about 75% sure that I like it.

Some of the other engineers say that Metalsoft is pretty good. Keep in mind that with Striker Systems you need a valid version of AutoCAD. And no, you can't get around that. Striker runs as a plugin, or add-on which means the ss-punch (the striker systems cnc punch program) will only exhist/run while AutoCAD is running.

The tech support and company are really honest, even the salesmen. They won't sell you something you don't need and will really help you to make a more efficient process. Don't get ss-nest right away, wait and see if you need it.

Also if you have Inventor there are a few complicated steps to learn but you can unfold and export the .idw's through a program called "Partshare." It's touchy though, because engineering will need to set parameters and draw in a flat environment before adding radii.

If you have any more questions about Striker feel free to ask me. I use it all day...

Post Nesting software

Down side to Striker is it runs inside of AutoCAD. If you are wanting a package with nesting take a look at We-CIM, JetCam, Optimation or Sigmanest. Sigmanest does not have a very good punching solution.

www.independentcnc.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Im after is any sort of documentation (user manual etc ) that I could revise to give me an advantage over other candidates, there is probably less than 10 people that use tops in my city so any sort of advantage is going to help wonders. Ive tried searching the net and have only been able to find a promotional .pdf from the Trumpf website.

Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Independent CNC View Post
    Trumpf has what they call "Free Geometry Nesting". I would recomend that you have this if your going to be nesting a large amout of differant shaped parts.

www.independentcnc.com

Does this have anything to do with .GEO files? we use both .GEO's and .TMT's at my work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey adriannz I have programing manual for 2000r -2020r fmc compact and for tc-2020r
    and tc-2020r operating pdf I got them when I went up to trump usa for training in year 2000 post your email I will send them to you. If you have tops or can use it you can print out tops 300 right from the program or save as as a pdf.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have trumpf 2020r programs pdf

Hi adriannz I have trumpf 2020r programing and operator pdf and tops 300
    that I picked up in training in 2000 give me your email and I will send them I love our 2020r it works great I also worked on a old 240 punch.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my email is adrianashwell@hotmail.com

Thanks heaps for your help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Bud B, I received those pdf's thanks very much, I cant seem to email you back though.
    Thanks again mate, you have given me a real advantage over everyone else!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can some explain what .GEO's and .TMT's are? and maybe why ToPs is important?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TOPS SOFTWARE

Geo-is a cad drawing made from tops this is like a dwg from autocad.
    Gnt- is a drawing with a tool path.
    Mtl- is a mini nest 2 parts nested together to save space.
    Taf-is a nested sheet without a tool path just cad parts on a sheet.
    Tmt -is a nested sheet with cad and tool path.
    Lst -is the nc code which you load to the machine and run.
    Vlg -is used like a macro custom drawings logo hole patterns.
    Wzg-is used for tool drawing like louver die or cluster punches,coining tools.
    Tops is a cad program which will open other cad files like igs,dwg also you can draw in it like autocad then you can add the tool path to your parts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A new thread regarding punch press

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ress_head.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast