Newbie Boss losing temper on me - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boss losing temper on me

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Boss losing temper on me

I'm still there. I've learned a lot more, of course. As for the boss the other employees that remain (a handful) tell me he's "getting better". He comes in drunk regularly but not as much. He yells and curses at you, and berates you almost everyday, but it's not as intense (no throwing parts around anymore or closing the shop early out of anger). It seems common around the machine shop to talk negatively about all the employees and about other machine shops. I just don't get it. Young people work who are so excited about learning to machine and and then are called a "f*cking idiot" directly and in many ways over and over. One of these days I want to wear a body cam.

The boss walks around looking at you with contempt. I've stopped asking questions. I just listen when he speaks. There are almost no good questions to him.

It turns out the shop is almost always late on getting parts to customers. I've also witnessed some really harsh interactions with them, like really treating customers poorly in person. Bad jokes, lying to get more business, aggressively handling them. These engineers I can see are sensitive to it.

So many aspects of the job I love. But it's time to start looking around.

Downloads
    Uploads

it's Time to leave

http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude

Downloads
    Uploads

A real nice place to look back on .......just use it as a stepping stone if you want to keep in that line of work.
    Ian,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123