Hello all,
I am in the early stages of my first CNC Milling machine build. I hope to have a cutting area of 24"x36", maybe a longer X axis to 42". I am still sourcing parts, so who knows what combination I will end up with!

I am still working out all the ideas I have for what I want to do with the machine. I work as a structural technician for a engineering company, and am very interested in how I can apply this technology to buildings. I am in contact with several architects, and building designers, and want to eventually offer a variety of products to them, or their clients.

For example, I have thought of concrete embed designs, essentially interesting shapes that would get mounted to the inside face of form work (exposed concrete obviously) and when set would leave interesting markings on the wall.
Or wood panel designs, that would be for walls. Maybe in 24"x24" squares. And the architect could simply choose some pallets he likes and I mill enough for the selected surface area.
Another idea I have is inlay art on hard wood floors. Using different types of wood to make nice shapes, or pictures on a entrance way floor, living room, etc.
One more idea... (yes I have a million ideas..) making doors. Front entrance doors, maybe with a combination of inlayed wood types, with V-carve art over top. But very custom. So the client really gets to be involved in the design.

I am learning everything from scratch, I have no formal training with G-code, CNC milling, but I am a very proficient 3D/2D autocad user.

Anyways, I just wanted to get a feel for what other people are doing with their machines to make money. Maybe if you are applying your milling machine to the construction industry? Any advice for a complete novice on planning? or on the machine itself?

My goal is to make $$ and have fun of course!
Thanks!