To send commercially available tech data to unknown (middle east?) country or not?

Thread: To send commercially available tech data to unknown (middle east?) country or not?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default To send commercially available tech data to unknown (middle east?) country or not?

I have request for manuals on old servo drives from Mohammad.... If he searched internet long enough he would have found them himself, but with restrictions on sending hi tech info to countries on do not send list with our government (ex: ITAR), do I send it or not?

Could be a young fellow trying to start a small shop and make a living - or someone making bombs for who knows what?

I asked where he was and he replied Pakistan. Is that enough?

If he had said Iran? Syria?

How do you'all recommend this kind of thing is handled?

Similar Threads:
    Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: To send commercially available tech data to unknown (middle east?) country or not

Mike, don't send anything. I can get you in touch with the right people to verify this. I'll be at IMTS beginning of the week, but pm me I'll be back Friday. I don't think motor/servo info is on the do not send list as written, however you don't need the headaches.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: To send commercially available tech data to unknown (middle east?) country or not

You have to watch it, there was rumors they found Osama was retrofitting a bench top mill in his basement in N. Pakistan!
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am old enough to not care anymore what might happen if I post this....

We DID get in trouble with ITAR once - hence my concern.... We engineered & sold a bunch of hi tech underwater servos to our friends in England (I THOUGHT England were our friends?) for use on their customer's Spanish Navy submarine pulled sonar arrays..... I was ordered by the state department to go to Washington to undergo 'reprogramming' training to prevent me from doing that again without state department approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am offering myself up to the local SWAT team at upcoming water and sewer meeting to filibuster and prevent wasting our tax dollars on stupid water board crap no one wants.... I just don't have the intel to tell if they got any of the homeland security Drones, AK/AR/Machine guns, tanks, or personnel carriers Obama has been giving away to militarize our police, so do not know if I will be dead before you return from your fun at IMTS at McCormick Place or not... Either way, ENJOY it!

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Since I survived local swat militarized police from local meeting, What do you guys think, can I send him the manual?

On 9/11/2014 3:26 PM, mike kilroy wrote:
    > Mohamad, we are restricted from sending too technical information to prohibited countries.... We are awaiting approval from our government to send this information.
    >
    > I am sorry I cannot post that manual without ITAR approval yet.
    >
    > Is there anything you can share with us that will help that process?
    >
    >> On 9/5/2014 11:32 AM, Mohamad wrote:
    >>> Dear Mike,
    >>> Thank you. I am from Pakistan. I have pullmax turret punch and now its Control system is out of order so i have decided to retrofit it but for that i need the manual of Bru -500 drive manual.
    >>> i am very kindful to you if you send me the manual.
    >>> Thanking you
    >>> Salman

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think that is that sensitive information that home security will be that concerned.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the FBI shows up at your door, just tell them that Al said it would be OK.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I know nothing ....
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Paranoia, plain and simple. What could possibly be so 'sensitive'? It's a manual. He could of got it by now, off the internet, just like you pointed out he should do. The U.S.? They are scared of their own shadow. The worst thing was the introduction of that terrorism meter that they had going a while back. Scare everybody sh_tless.
    Now try that North of the border. After a while, here if you cry wolf to often, nobody will listen anymore. America needs to put their foot down and end the B.S.
    I can remember a time, when I use to look up to your way of living with neighbors knowing each other and helping each other out. Now, no one know who's who. The constant fear of 'watch out, he could be the enemy' just would drive me mad.
    But then again, you also have the media that blows everything out of proportion just to be interesting and a government that is slowly taking your rights away, a little bit at a time each time something goes wrong.
    There was a time when you could be proud to be American, inventive, intelligent, hard working and respectful. Those are now few and far between. The most interesting ones I've met are the ones who truly live 'the good life'. Not rich, but comfortable in their skin an take things as they come and do with what they have. No big production, no want for recognition and best of all, down to earth. They raise their family and live life as it should be. Peacefully.

Downloads
    Uploads

On a related matter, when I buy systems or components from a US supplier, I generally have to declare if the final product will be exported to anywhere other than US or to be used in Canada,.
    But who does the follow up?
    There is merchandise traded on the likes of Ebay, for one, every day without control.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yup, I too have to agree with not selling to unknown etc..but for a tilt switch? Sometimes i think Digikey and Mouser go too far. A simple mercury tilt switch in a metal can is a threat?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    Paranoia, plain and simple. What could possibly be so 'sensitive'? It's a manual. He could of got it by now, off the internet, just like you pointed out he should do. The U.S.? They are scared of their own shadow. The worst thing was the introduction of that terrorism meter that they had going a while back. Scare everybody sh_tless.
    Now try that North of the border. After a while, here if you cry wolf to often, nobody will listen anymore. America needs to put their foot down and end the B.S.
    I can remember a time, when I use to look up to your way of living with neighbors knowing each other and helping each other out. Now, no one know who's who. The constant fear of 'watch out, he could be the enemy' just would drive me mad.
    But then again, you also have the media that blows everything out of proportion just to be interesting and a government that is slowly taking your rights away, a little bit at a time each time something goes wrong.
    There was a time when you could be proud to be American, inventive, intelligent, hard working and respectful. Those are now few and far between. The most interesting ones I've met are the ones who truly live 'the good life'. Not rich, but comfortable in their skin an take things as they come and do with what they have. No big production, no want for recognition and best of all, down to earth. They raise their family and live life as it should be. Peacefully.
    Ya, well you wouldn't feel the same if YOUR son was in the middle east fighting and having to dodge IED's on a daily bases.