Bootstrapping a multi-national business

Thread: Bootstrapping a multi-national business

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Bootstrapping a multi-national business

I imagine I am not alone wanting to make some pocket-money from my CNC mill. So I came up with this small idea, hoping for your ideas and (cough!) maybe even participation.

With the internet, all business can go global. But this has some inherent issues: Language first of all. Shipping costs. Customs duties. Delivery time. Customer confidence. Regional preferences or regulations ...

Now what if a couple of people here would team up to develop some products together and build a market or serve a niche. But everyone in his own country and his own language only.

We could build a product portfolio rather rapidly by distributing the efforts. Brainstorm marketing ideas. Share suppliers. Discuss the business side. Generate new products.

For exemple, I have been thinking about making magic trick supplies and proposing individual making services to magicians. I am not naive enough to believe that I could serve the american Market (I am in France, Europe), but someone else can. And even if the magician from Germany would find me, he would prefer the same product from a german supplier.

Instead of competing in a niche you can't conquer anyway, what about collaboration for a (hopefully) joint bigger benefit?

Am I naive? Additional ideas? Some devils advocates here?

Pleine

PS: The magician exemple is just that, an exemple. I am not particularly attached to any niche.