Building a website

Thread: Building a website

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Building a website

HI all
    I am currently building a website for my new Manufacturing subcontract company(never done this before). Its very basic and not finished but just want your thoughts on what you would like to see if you were looking to find a new subcontract firm.
    This is my website
    TURNMILLCNC

thanks in-advance
    Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Building a website

There is a lot to consider...
    Past what your clients want (which I can't answer since I am not in that business) you need to be seen, and to be seen you must be found.
    So you need more content, like where you are located, your general region, and so forth; provided that you want traffic, not just a portfolio attached to your business card.

I'd suggest reading about SEO to help you write content that will bring you the traffic that you want.
    Another obvious thing is that people initally shop with their eyes. You are going against lots of companies that have money to toss on theirs, and your website needs to be decent. So I'd consider more elements, using a better template/theme, and trying to make it so it showcases your content better. Then your customer sees what they want, as they found it on Google as you added rich content, and now they see you're a professional offering a service they want.
    Before doing further work on your website consider if it's worth farming it out or doing it yourself.
    I'd recommend using Wordpress if you do your own website or if you have somebody else do it.
    Then once you get the CMS or content management system installed (Wordpress), then you can figure out what theme you'd like, and then you can fill it with content. The more the better provided it's quality stuff.

Keep in mind I'm in a totally different market but this should be applicable to a certain degree.
    I sell high end wood working, but most of my sales are online, and I am happy to say my work is paying off.