Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for sub $5k right now? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for sub $5k right now?

Downloads
    Uploads

Waiting to see what they come out with in new in hobby printers this year.
    Anyone bump across anything worth looking at.
    Like everything else, sometime you just need to wait till the dust settle's.

ACER 3VK Craftsman 10" Lathe Gantry router

Downloads
    Uploads

:-)
    Sorry, mistake

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone looked at the Rostock Max at Seemecnc.com? Nicely priced with a large build area but it is a kit that you would have to assemble.
    I am thinking about purchasing one.

Regards, Carl

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for sub $5k right now?

Quote Originally Posted by gtxkid View Post
    I guess I haven't cruised by here in some time.

I work for Hyrel; please feel free to post or PM me with any questions about our products. We are fully assembled and tested, all metal (IKO bearings, precision ball screw for the Z), and sub-$5K.

Lead time is presently eight to ten weeks. We'll do a skype/teamviewer session where you can see and operate the printer from your location before we ask for a deposit.

Cheers,
    Davo

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Who makes the best fully assembled 3d printer for sub $5k right now?

Well
    These guys seam to have it down.
    There on top of it all.
    Printer
    Material
    Parts
    Support
    EXC

PLA Filament, ABS Filament & 3D Printing Supplies at MakerGeeks.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That 3D Accuracy guy sounds like a sales rep from Stratasys or something, or at least his point list of arguments came from one. Even if I could afford one I wouldn't buy a Stratasys because I don't like companies that pull hundreds of trivial patents, such as the use of a heating chamber for printing ABS ( a total no-brainer of an idea), just to go around harassing their competitors with lawsuits. This is why Makerbot is the only printer that has a heated chamber currently, since they merged with Stratasys and thus can not be sued. It is a pretty simple matter to build your own heated chamber though and vent it as well. This is not rocket science, these are just three axis CNC machines with special heated extruder heads on them. The real heavy lifting is done by the software, and there are lots of low cost and even free options in this area. None of these machines are point-and-click though, they are just like CNC milling machines or anything else complex with a learning curve. You have to learn all the variables and how to model for 3D printing to get good results.

I went with MakerGear M2 for my own machine. The components are more sturdy than many of the other consumer machines and the build area is fairly large at 8w x 10l x 8h. You can get one in kit form for around $1450 + $90 shipping.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

Downloads
    Uploads

The new 3D buyer guide just came out like today from MAKE magazine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I have an shapercube 2.1 and an prusa i3 question what is the intend ed use ? I for instance designend a lathe toolchanger and used it for rapid in prototyping. Now I Experiment with lost wax stuff .. Look at the shapercube Design it is Rock solide Works like a charm but there is a learning curve ... I now have a toolchain where i draw create stl use Cura write to sd card use LCD head less print and print from card i was at happylab where they have 20 k € printer and beside Support removal the result i have is better ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12