The G200X (G2002, G2003, etc.) is moving along quickly now. We are
shooting for a late April or early May hardware release date.
A lot of big things are settled now; dimensions, interface, packaging
etc. I just got the first 10 proto boards today, buzzed them out and
found a few goofs. No fatal mistakes; nothing an Exacto knife can't
Hardware release means the miserable board works. It means the
software wonks can use it to do their magic. Here's what they will
1) 6 axis of STEP and DIRECTION. Max rate, over 4MHz.
2) 6 axis of quadrature input including index. 1 MHz max.
3) 16 general purpose outputs. 24V, 100mA, diode clamped.
4) 22 general purpose inputs. 24V tolerant, SPST to ground.
5) USB powered, USB inteface.
6) Ethernet capable.
7) 4 Analog inputs, 0 to 5V range; protected to +/-24V.
8) 4 Analog outputs, 0 to 5V range; protected to +/-24V.
9) Autonomous operation; program, disconnect, run.
10) Updatable via the internet.
11) Package dimensions 2.5" by 1.25" by 7.25"
12) LED indicators for every input and output except analog.
13) Bare-wire 3.5mm terminal blocks. 96 positions in all.
14) PLC capable.
15) Anodized aluminum enclosure.
16) No jumers anywhere. Everything is PC configurable.