I had some time so I assembled, with some modifications, one of my Cases that I designed for the G201/G210 . I installed three G202's directly to the bottom of the .062 thick 12X10 base plate. The G202 is so efficient that you don't need much of a heatsink so in this case the bottom plate would be more than adequate but I still have a fan for cooling just in case.
The installation was quite easy but there are some diffrences.
1.Terminal 7 is no longer used for output disable. It is marked N/C
2. If you want to be able to disable the outputs you use terminal 11 and 12 which is also for the current setting resistor. I have a front panel spst switch. The three terminal 11 wires are connected to one side of the switch with a diode in series with each wire. Then only one of the terminal 12 wires is connected to the other sideof the switch.
Now for some real fun. After preliminary checkout everything was working just like 3 G201. Next I disconnected a 762 oz in stepper motor with power on and the windings engaged. A NO-NO for most drives. Then I shut off the power and reconnected the motor and checked to make sure the drive was OK IT was. The I disconnected and connected ti several times again with no problems. Next I tested the short circuit protection of the output by shorting directly from A to A/ then B to B/ after the shorts were removed the drive continued to run normally. The same results wered noted whjen shorting A to B abd B/ to A/.
Last I dug out some really old stepper motors of questionable quality and all ran great with the G202's. I did find one bad motor and after replacing it the G202 ran it just fine.
I recommend the G202's highly.
If anyone wants to see some pictures of the G202's in my case send me an email off line
low cost stepper motors , cases for gecko drives