G320 Oscilloscope Troubles

Thread: G320 Oscilloscope Troubles

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G320 Oscilloscope Troubles

I have been trying to tune my Gecko G320 servodrives for a few weeks with no luck.

I have a scope, it works. I have followed the instructions for connecting the probes and setting up with scope. I can see the traces, CH2 trace Moves up and down with direction signals, CH1 will show a flat line that bounces slightly up and down but remains flat.

I cant get it to show a sine wave.

I am thinking there is a problem with my wiring, perhaps a ground loop? Would a ground loop cause a problem reading the test points?

Has anyone else had a problem getting their scope to work correctly?

I have tried all 4 of my geckodrives and get the same result. I have also tried all combinations of scope/probe 10x settings.

Ive tried to tune my servos by ear, but the motors dont really sing, they kinda grunt or put out a constant grunt. I can see the grunting on the scope.

I am using a C11G BOB, a Keling 65v 20A PS with a 5V output im using for the BOB.

My machine will work, ive done a few vcavings with it. I had an issue with a servo faulting but I increased the current limit and it seems to have fixed it.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated!