PID tuning waveform issues

Thread: PID tuning waveform issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PID tuning waveform issues

I have been trying to tune my Gecko G320X drives for a while now and really need to get back after them. I have them tuned by ear currently and that is not nearly good enough to successfully run a program without having to babysit the machine and reset it all of the time. I am using Mach III and a PMDX-126 BOB. When I hook up to the test locations on the G320X and set either of my oscilloscopes to the same setting as in the Gecko setup/tuning video I get nowhere near the correct waveform out of any of my 3 drives. I have a Fluke meter with the O-scope function as well as a Tektronics unit. It looks like the signal I am getting is not what I'll call solid and I can't figure it out so I was hoping someone here could give me some guidance. The machine is a little different as the encoders are separate from the servos so I can't bench test it. Please give me some help as I think this is the last piece of my puzzle to get a good running NC machine.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PID tuning waveform issues

kemlin,

This sounds like it could be a triggering issue. Can you attach scope photos so I can see what your signal looks like?

Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PID tuning waveform issues

PID tuning waveform issues-dscn4701-jpg
    PID tuning waveform issues-dscn4702-jpg
    PID tuning waveform issues-dscn4703-jpg
    The first image is with a 10x probe. The 2nd and 3rd images are of a hold screen shot and a live (recurrent) screen shot with a 1:1 probe.

Last edited by kemlin; 11-17-2017 at 09:54 AM.