Single relay for cw and ccw direction is possible in mach3 with G540?

Thread: Single relay for cw and ccw direction is possible in mach3 with G540?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Single relay for cw and ccw direction is possible in mach3 with G540?

Hi guys! I'm in the process of finally getting to work my Sieg C1 Cnc conversion..

I've got a doubt on wiring the relays...

I used two 48V relays, one wired to turn on and off the spindle, attached to one of the G540 outputs,

and one relay DPDT wired in a way that depending if it's on or off, reverses the poles of the spindle, connected to the other output.

I thought that in Mach3, I could set up a single output to rotate the spindle in both directions, just by setting one rotation to active high and the other to active low.

But in the motor setup page of Mach 3, I need two outputs, one for each rotation.

Is there a way to set up mach3 the way I wired, one relay just for on/off and the other to control the direction of rotation based on high and low, at the same port, or do I need to rewire the relays in order to have one relay to turn on in one direction, in one output, and another in the other direction, in the other ouput? And then wouldn't need the on/off relay?

Thanks for reading!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I ended rewiring the relays so one has the wiring for cw, and the other for ccw, in separate outputs. It worked normally. I guess it’s not possible the way I thought in Mach 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbaldo View Post
    Hi guys! I'm in the process of finally getting to work my Sieg C1 Cnc conversion..

I've got a doubt on wiring the relays...

I used two 48V relays, one wired to turn on and off the spindle, attached to one of the G540 outputs,

and one relay DPDT wired in a way that depending if it's on or off, reverses the poles of the spindle, connected to the other output.

I thought that in Mach3, I could set up a single output to rotate the spindle in both directions, just by setting one rotation to active high and the other to active low.

But in the motor setup page of Mach 3, I need two outputs, one for each rotation.

Is there a way to set up mach3 the way I wired, one relay just for on/off and the other to control the direction of rotation based on high and low, at the same port, or do I need to rewire the relays in order to have one relay to turn on in one direction, in one output, and another in the other direction, in the other ouput? And then wouldn't need the on/off relay?

Thanks for reading!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Single relay for cw and ccw direction is possible in mach3 with G540?

You could use a diode to wire the relays so that the CW output activates just the "ON" relay and the CCW output activates both relays.