Need Help! Getting the old system running again, G540 won't come out of fault

Thread: Getting the old system running again, G540 won't come out of fault

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Getting the old system running again, G540 won't come out of fault

Eight years or so ago I built a Fineline Automation FLA-200 kit with the 4 axis nema 23 kit from cncrouterparts.com. Dan Mausch built the control box. With help from all of the above and this forum I got it built, configured, up and running and learned how to use it. Late last winter the hard drive died in it. I got another old pc, reinstalled Mach3, used the XML file I'd saved aside for that eventuality, and nothing happened. At the time I figured I was having parallel port problems, so I eventually bought an ethernet smoothstepper, which I just got around to installing now. I'm running Win 7 32 bit, the smoothstepper installed fine and is communicating fine and I got the driver setup in Mach and I believe that's working as expected. As for the G540, it stays in fault unless I turn the charge pump off, then it green lights, and if my motors are connected I can hear them power up and freeze position. But I can't get it to come out of fault. I know that the charge pump switch test only shows if you've wired it for power properly, and the step after that would be to install the stop. I have no reason to believe that the stop button has become faulty, that is, it all worked before, so in theory it should be fine now, but I feel it should be put to the test--at this point I don't know what else to do. So, please recommend what else I can do, or tell me how to test for continuity in the stop button. Can I just bypass it, see what happens? Yeah, this electronics stuff is not at all my thing.

Thanks!
    mc