G214

Thread: G214

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G214

I just hooked up my new G214 with existing motors .When I press the test button the motor only turns 1/8 turn CW then 1/8 turn CCW as long as I press the button. It never makes the full revolution as the manual calls for. any thoughts? Thanks,Tommy

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMYD View Post
    I just hooked up my new G214 with existing motors .When I press the test button the motor only turns 1/8 turn CW then 1/8 turn CCW as long as I press the button. It never makes the full revolution as the manual calls for. any thoughts? Thanks,Tommy
    Same with mine, but I have not tried changing it to half or full step to see if that makes a difference.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G214

Hey guys,

We are releasing a new revision of the G214 that fixes the self test problem you are describing. The self test was for a fixed number of pulses, which would mean your motor rotation would change dependent on the resolution you have it set to.

The new revision uses a much easier self test, which can be used even when connected to a machine with a paused program, will move the motor one revolution CW and one revolution CCW and return to the same microstep location that it started on. This will be resolution independent and does not require the button to be held down.

We have quite a few improvements to the G214 that we made with this update, and if you like you can send your drives in for reflashing of the firmware and hardware upgrade. The main improvements are to anti-resonance compensation and short circuit protection, and can be backwards compatible with older PCBs.

Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com