Hello you guys ! I have built a cnc machine out of aluminium extrusions and plates, but it have a very poor design, the gantry is holded on one per side sbr16 rail with two blocks on each side. the bed size is 800mmx1000mm. And the biggest axe is driven by 1 425oz motor with leadscrew. As is the machine lacks stiffnes really bad, so I decided to upgrade and to add one more motor and 2 rails to have each side of gantry holded by 4 bearing blocks and pushed with a leadscrew. Hope it'll help to improve the solidity.

The question is, right now I have 3 425oz motors with 3.5 resistors on the geckodrive. I manage to have 9000mm/min rapids which is really nice and to do that I've changed the psu to 10a 48v. But if I add an other 425oz motor, can I use the actual PSU reducing the resistor values to somehow match the current? like 2.5 on Z axis, 3 on X and 3.5 on 2x Y?

Just for the info I have an other PSU 36v 7.5a, can I use it somehow or I just need to spend the money again on new PSU with at least 12A ?

What are your advice on that guys?

Thank you in advance,

Alexandre