No load rpms on servos without specs

Thread: No load rpms on servos without specs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No load rpms on servos without specs

I am converting an old Tree mill to use new hardware and am to the point where everything is wired (in place not plugged in), I have control of the spindle rpm and am now wanting to add control of X, Y and Z encoders/servos. There is almost no documentation that I can find on my encoders and servos so I am looking for help so I can setup my Gecko G320X drives. On the servos I have a part number of M113-A10K-900, I believe they are Gould MFG and one has been rebuilt before I owned the machine. One the encoders they are Sumtak MFG and have 9304-1293 500p/r and LBL-008-500. There is a wiring diagram on them and I am sure they are wired accordingly and I am also confident the servos are wired correctly as well. I am trying to figure out what the no load rpm for these servos are so I can go through the Gecko testing so it is done correctly. All help is greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No load rpms on servos without specs

Sumtak was taken over by Renco I believe and they were in turn taken over by Heidenhain.
    For DC servo's you can usually reckon on 2krpm, max, and BLDC anywhere up to 6krpm.
    If you have the max voltage rating for them, you could back feed them with a motor of some kind and measure the generated voltage at recorded the RPM, this will give you the maximum rpm if you extrapolate the numbers.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.