Need Help! plasma arc ok signal

Thread: plasma arc ok signal

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default plasma arc ok signal

Hello im new here

I start project of building cnc plasma table plan to use a gekco 540 to drive it i do a lot exploration on the net about the wiring of this driver so im ok whit limit switch and for start the plasma whit a relay the only thing i dont find so much information is about to manege ark ok signal from the plasma units(i see a guy they use a pull donw resistor to do this but no wiring diagram) i dont plan to use thc some poeple here can give some info please apreciate tank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: plasma arc ok signal

If you are using a floating head with a micro switch to set the torch height prior to each pierce and can fire the torch with a relay, I'm not sure why you need an arc ok signal. THC systems may require an arc ok signal but the wiring would be between the plasma cutter and the THC controller not the G540. You didn't say what model of plasma cutter you are using but specific wiring for the arc ok signal to the THC controller would depend on your plasma cutter. I suppose you could wire the arc ok signal to a pin on the G540 to halt movement in the event of lost arc or if the cutter doesn't fire, but with a basic setup and no THC it may be more trouble than it's worth.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

tank you for reply coherent my plasma is everlast 80s they have cnc connector pin 1 and 2 is for start and stop and pin 9 and 10 for ok to move (arc ok) yes they have a floating head whit micro switch. Can use only the pin 1 an 2 to start and stop the machine whit out considering arc ok signal i want keep it simple Mach3 can handle it whit no arc ok signal only start ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not familiar with that specific plasma cutter. I would think you could simply connect the arc ok to an unused pin & ground on the G540 and then set it up in the Mach 3 configuration for the pin used and a N.O switch as required. Looking at the manual for your cutter it says Pins 9 and 10 gives the OK to Move signal. These are Dry N.O. style contacts. It is a non electronic switch that closes when the pilot arc transfers to cutting arc. Although talking about a different plasma cutter and a breakout board (whereas the G540 has the breakout built in), this link/thread may offer some insight and information. Arc Ok Signal | ReadyToCut - Vector Art for CNC - Free DXF Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Depending on the BOB voltage (eg 5v, 12v, 24v, I don't know the Gecko), you may need to add a relay so that the Arc OK switch is running at a higher voltage as the plasma can be some distance from the table and you could get voltage loss and noise. The relay can then switch 5v locally to the input pin for example.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au