Reducing RF Interference

Thread: Reducing RF Interference

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Reducing RF Interference

Hello,

Can someone translate exactly how to follow the instructions on the G201X product site regarding Reducing RF Interference.

They say:

Use a shielded 5-conductor cable for your motor to drive connection; 4 of the wires go to the motor leads while the 5th goes to the motor case. Return the motor case wire to the drive’s power supply ground connection. Ground the shield to your electronics control box at the control box end only, leaving it disconnected at the drive end.

So I have the following configuration:
    http://www.geckodrive.com/geckodrive...ves/g201x.html
    high torque stepper motor & CNC Stepper Motor- StepperOnline
    Switching Power Supply 350W 60V 5.9A for CNC Router Kits 115V/230V S-350-60|DE064|Power Supplies

Where should I connect the shield and the 5-th wire? To the main power supply ground? or to V- of the power supply?
    Is it ok to connect the 5-th wire to the screw of the case?

Thx

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reducing RF Interference-wire-configuration-gif   Reducing RF Interference-wire-configuration-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Reducing RF Interference

5th wire goes to the motor case, the other end of that wire,drive’s power supply ground.
    Ground the shield to your electronics control box at the control box end only, the other end of the shield is attached to nothing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ifixcnc View Post
    5th wire goes to the motor case, the other end of that wire,drive’s power supply ground.
    Ground the shield to your electronics control box at the control box end only, the other end of the shield is attached to nothing.
    Hello thank you for your quick response but I am on the same spot, I am not very familiar with the ground term, that's the reason I draw the scheme.

Can you tell me if my draw is right? What is control box? Is the case of the power supply or it is the teensy board that controls the driver ground?