Need Help! G540 + DC Motor Speed Controller

Thread: G540 + DC Motor Speed Controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G540 + DC Motor Speed Controller

Ok, so I'm trying to get the spindle control figured out for my G540/UC100 based controller. To start experimenting, I purchased a cheap 400W Spindle and DC Motor Speed Controller combo off ebay and I've got it "working" in a super hacked up way. I have essentially replaced the POT with the analog VFD output circuit on-board the G540 (PIN 7, 8, 9). The problem is I get about half speed out of the spindle. The DC Motor Speed Controller I'm using has a 5V analog circuit vs the 10V called out in the G540 manual. Do you think this is the problem? I have read on here that it simply proportions out the voltage provided on PIN 9, but that doesn't appear to actually be the case.

When I check the live circuit at full speed with my meter I get 4.99V across PIN 7/9, but I only get 4.2V across PIN 7/8. I would expect this to be the full 4.99V like does when using it standalone with the analog POT.

Now, all that said, I'd really like to be using the "Mach3" PWM inputs that are provided on the DC Motor Speed Controller board, but I'm really unsure of how to wire that up. I don't know if I should still be using the G540's VFD circuit or just one of the outputs from the G540. Then there is the PWM GND connection which I don't know what to use. Thanks for reading and I hope you more experienced guys can help me out.

Thanks!

G540 + DC Motor Speed Controller-img_20170304_105028192-jpg
    G540 + DC Motor Speed Controller-dc-motor-controller-jpg
    G540 + DC Motor Speed Controller-400wmotor_55-jpg