im almost done with my DYI 5 axis machine but i have this noise issue....

Thread: im almost done with my DYI 5 axis machine but i have this noise issue....

Default im almost done with my DYI 5 axis machine but i have this noise issue....

My motors start jittering and moving on there own. every other 10 seconds or so. i Finally think I've pin pointed the problem And want some advice from this great community.
    I have some gecko 214 drives running these things and every time i plug the 5 volt logic into them that's when the motors start moving on their own without any pulses given to them yet.
    I ended up buying an oscilloscope. but I'm an extreme noob at using it. Either way, look at the images below. I get alot of noise on the 5 volts going to these geckos whenever i plug in the power supply.
    It seems like everytime those spikes happen the motors want to move a bit. How can I get rid of those spikes? I almost have this thing running perfectly except for that.

here is a little clip of the machine in motion if your interested. Help me finsih this thing up!

this is the power supply im using.
    http://www.antekinc.com/content/PS-4N58R.pdf

and the controller if it makes any difference.
    HiCON Integra - Step and Direction 6 Axis Mach3 Mach4 Ethernet Motion Controller, CNC Retrofit, Machine Tools

and here is a schematic of some of my wiring.

thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails im almost done with my DYI 5 axis machine but i have this noise issue....-image1-jpg   im almost done with my DYI 5 axis machine but i have this noise issue....-image2-jpg   im almost done with my DYI 5 axis machine but i have this noise issue....-schematicsimple-jpg  
    Last edited by a3dcreator; 01-20-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: im almost done with my DYI 5 axis machine but i have this noise issue....

Looks like a nice scope.
    You said ".....every time i plug the 5 volt logic into them...." If you are readily plugging something in and out that not a fair test. Thing will change. What you need to do is put one probe of the scope on the motor that is moving and use that wave form to trigger the scope to capture the signal of the other probe.
    Ex. The motor moves and trigger the scope the other probe is on one of the input of the driver, did the wave form change, if not then look at the next point to see if it is moving.