g320x jerky movement

Thread: g320x jerky movement

Downloads
    Uploads

Default g320x jerky movement

I'm assuming that I have a tuning issue even though my servo's are quite quiet at rest or in movement. I get a jerky motion. When moving I can feel notches as in my R&P drive. I can also see the spindle bouncing slightly which causes cut's to have a rough surface.

One issue I have is that when using the tuning pots, which way should I look at them to determine CW and CCW rotation. From the front or from the back? ie looking at them from the blue case or looking at them from the black heatsink.

Having a small clip which an oscilloscope probe could attach too would be advantagous. currently I'd have to take apart each g320x, solder a loop of wire in place, not impossible but definitely more difficult that it should be which is why I haven't done it. They say a photo is worth a thousand words, and I'd really like that photo right about now.

Similar Threads:
    Colten Edwards [URL="http://www.cncsigns.ca"]http://www.cncsigns.ca[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: g320x jerky movement

Does the motor have jerky movement when it is not attached to your machine? The drive should be tuned while bench testing to avoid any mechanical backlash problems manifesting in the PID adjustment.

The trimpots should be adjusted by the position when you are looking directly at them from the adjustment side.

The holes on the PCB for the oscilloscope are meant to have a probe inserted and a ground clip attached to the GND holes by clipping it to the board. We will be popping a video up soon about how to tune the G320X and we will show how to attach an oscilloscope voltage probe as simply as possible.

Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    Does the motor have jerky movement when it is not attached to your machine? The drive should be tuned while bench testing to avoid any mechanical backlash problems manifesting in the PID adjustment.

The trimpots should be adjusted by the position when you are looking directly at them from the adjustment side.

The holes on the PCB for the oscilloscope are meant to have a probe inserted and a ground clip attached to the GND holes by clipping it to the board. We will be popping a video up soon about how to tune the G320X and we will show how to attach an oscilloscope voltage probe as simply as possible.
    Marcus, where can I see the tuning video? Thanks.

My 2¢

Downloads
    Uploads

lancut,

Sorry for the delay on the video. We should be uploading it this week or next week. Finding the time to film and edit the videos is more difficult than originally thought while we are still setting up our new building. I have messaged someone in our office to force me to do it within the next few days.

Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    lancut,

Sorry for the delay on the video. We should be uploading it this week or next week. Finding the time to film and edit the videos is more difficult than originally thought while we are still setting up our new building. I have messaged someone in our office to force me to do it within the next few days.
    Thank you.

My 2¢

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey just a quick update: We are going to be shooting this video and a few others on Friday and will hopefully have this uploaded on the same day. I will post here as soon as we upload it.

Marcus Freimanis
    www.geckodrive.com

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, where is the video. Certainly should be done by now. I need it! Thanks.

My 2¢